Hi out there!
We will visit Kyrgyzstan by end of August (3 people), and try to make an itinerary for trekking(s), at altitudes about 2.000-4.000m around the mountains of lake Isyk kul (but not planning for ice climbing, crampons, axes etc. that would be beyond our limit!)
Our aim is to combine hiking with enjoying nature and village life of Kyrgyz people, and also, to avoid sleeping in tents, for escaping the cold of the night (so, better staying in a house/ shelter/ yurt), and avoid carrying too much weight.
Enjoying the rural and nomad kind of life sounds very interesting.
It could be 2-3 separate trekkings, a few days each.
We plan to visit cities and villages by the lake, too, and move by public transport between them all (and keep budget low).
So, could you recommend some areas to do that kind of trekking, either independently or with guide?
All ideas are very welcomed guys!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 2 two health related questions
- 3 Junk boat cruise-halong Bay,VNam
- 4 Mongolia - Blue Silk Travel
- 5 Nha Trang,Vn taxi
- 6 Please Help First-Timers to India!
- 7 4 nights in Himalayas - Bhutan,Nepal, India?
- 8 Bago or Golden rock
- 9 Looking for advice on first-time Hong Kong trip
- 10 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 11 Bangkok
- 12 Sri Lanka compared to southern India, which do you prefer?
- 13 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 14 Please help! Planning honeymoon in Malaysia!
- 15 HELP WITH JAPAN ITINERARY FOR MARCH
- 16 altenratives to Chiang Mai for "northen Thailand experience"
- 17 Restaurants in Bangkok
- 18 Food for thought- Restaurant suggestions for India Feb 1-18
- 19 Need some info on travelling to Malaysia?
- 20 Unique Map & Guide to Tokyo
- 21 Sulawesi
- 22 Racism danger in Cambodia?
- 23 8 Days in Bali
- 24 Princess Cruise
- 25 Best day trip from Phuket
Where to go for mountain trekking and also to enjoy villages and yurts?
Hi out there!