where do I find The Bed Supper Club?

Aug 9th, 2005, 04:05 AM
Original Poster

where do I find The Bed Supper Club?

Which hotel has the Bed Supper Club and which one has the "man/boy ( or man/girl???) show?
Aug 9th, 2005, 06:34 AM

Bed Supper Club...as far as I know...isn't inside of a hotel. The show you're talking about is, I believe in the Asia Hotel. Go on chicasia.com for restaurants. Plus Bed Supper Club has its own website. Happy Travels!
Aug 9th, 2005, 06:46 AM

Went Bed when we were there just a couple of weeks ago and loved it. They're not in a hotel; you can check out their website: http://www.bedsupperclub.com/

Aug 9th, 2005, 07:08 AM

Bed is located on Sukhumvit Soi 11. Great restaurant! I've been there several times.
Carol
Aug 9th, 2005, 07:45 AM

the lady/boy show is called calapyso cabaret and is in the aisa hotel which is located right at a skytrain stop...in fact you can enter the hotel directly from the stop...

bed is fantastic....it is about 1100B per person...you can't miss the building...it is an oval all white building that looks like it is covered in white fabric...reservations are essential...i made mine on the web site...they prefer res no more than 30 days in advance..
Aug 9th, 2005, 09:12 AM

Bob makes his arrangements before getting on the plane for SE Asia. We, on the other hand, are flexible, often having only the airline ticket and first night or two in BKK! You can make reservations for the Bed once you reach BKK, and can probably arrange it one or two days out.

Bed looks like a space ship! Very unique! Think Capt Kirk on the USS Enterprise... LOL

Carol
Aug 9th, 2005, 09:31 AM

For Bed, you can take the Skytrain to Nana Exit and then walk (5 minutes or so) or take a taxi ($1 and also 5 minutes or so..one way streets!)

To me, Bed looked like a white space craft on its side.

Asia Hotel is right on top of a skytrain station..I forget which one however.
Aug 9th, 2005, 09:40 AM

bed is on suk 11 which is the street next too one of the exits of the BTS.. it's only a 5 minut walk if your crawling. and ya better be in a wheel chair or cruches if ya expect a taxi driver to drive such a short distance.
Aug 9th, 2005, 10:11 PM

beautifully enunciated, orgy! as per usual!

We are yet to enjoy the delights of Bed but will visit in Dec 2005. How spectacular is the food? or does one go for the atmosphere?
Aug 10th, 2005, 03:18 AM

I also love Bed and made my reservation a month in advance on their website since we were going to be in bangkok over Christmas and New year's. We liked it so much we thought we might go back and called for a reservation for two days later -- no way they said. I hung up and called the concierge at the Oriental and asked themk to make the reservation. Two minutes later they called back with a confirmation. So my guess is you can book at any time if the hotel calls.
Aug 10th, 2005, 05:26 AM

Lyndie,
Both the food and the atmosphere at the Bed are unique and fantastic. I've been there several times, always making the reservation within 48 to 72 hours ahead, and not having a problem. We have even been able to get a table (bed) the same day. We have made our own calls or have had Thai friends who make the call, not the hotel or apt complex concierge. Son has their phone number saved on his BKK cell phone!

The food is great, whether you are there on "surprise menu" night or on a night when you can order off their limited but delicious menu. There are typically 3 or 4 choices for each of the 3 courses.

When we went on "surprise menu" night, they asked if there were any foods we could NOT eat. I found that to be interesting (and thoughtful) as I do have food allergies.

The atmosphere is peaceful, all white, great music, calm, relaxing. Not the same at the "club" on the other side of the "space ship" building. It's amazing that the music from the club doesn't permeate into the restaurant!

I look forward to another great meal at the Bed in late Sept/early Oct when I'm back in BKK for 2 weeks.

Carol
Aug 10th, 2005, 07:20 AM

I found the food to be among the best I had in Bangkok. The atmosphere is definitely unique but not as "stunning" as I thought it would be. What it was was a huge amount of fun. It is definitely not "intimate" and both times we ended up talking to our neighbors on both sides. It ended up being a communal experience for us which was great. I would not use the world "calm" to describe the experience at all.

Basically you need to experience it yourself and I suspect that the experience can change from night to night. All I know is that we loved it and have recommended it to everyone. So far I have not heard of one person (young or old) who hasn't loved it also.
Aug 10th, 2005, 10:14 AM

We also typically talk to the "neighbors" at the Bed. Last time, they were a couple from FLA who write travel articles! I think they were going to write a good report on their experience there.
Carol
Aug 10th, 2005, 05:25 PM

Thanks for the info. We'll be sure to book. Sounds like a great night out! All the best!
Aug 10th, 2005, 07:51 PM

i think bed is calming in contrast to most clubs these days....the music was decent even for an old f like me
Aug 10th, 2005, 09:26 PM

OH man, that busted my buble. I thought the music was the same as the club.. THUMPIN. So what type of music do they play. violin concerto or electonica.

the mystory food night sounds cool as hell.
Aug 10th, 2005, 10:06 PM

It was certainly calming when we first got there since we were the 3rd couple to arrive And even though the music is house/trance, it's not overly loud or fast, I thought. And they have this interesting/strange electronic slide show/animation thing running on the wall along with it.
Aug 10th, 2005, 11:41 PM

trance is alright durring a meal. but i may trip out and poke my "good" eye with a chop stick.

if you go to the resteraunt for dinner can you just go threw the decompresion chamber and hit the night club for free. If so then it's a good value.. I've been too the club and it cost 1000 per head. (2 free drinks).
Aug 11th, 2005, 02:07 AM

When I said I didn't find if "calm" I wasn comparing it to an upscale restaurant -- NOT a club. Compared to a club it was calm. Compared to an upscale restaurant it wasn't for me which is not meant as a criticism.
Aug 11th, 2005, 06:21 AM

It's calming in that you can lie back and relax! A nice glass of red wine, smooth jazz music (electronic... but I like the sound), quiet conversation because it isn't too loud... That's what I'm talking about. Sometimes I'm uneasy in really upscale restaurants!
Carol