Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   Where are you going next? (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/where-are-you-going-next-698315/)

cruisinred Apr 19th, 2007 09:52 AM

Where are you going next?

I must travel to Asia vicariously this year, as my plans will take me to Africa instead (I'll be back to Asia in 2008).
Until then, I'd love to hear what trips people are planning to Asia in the coming months.

So, tell us: Where are you going next??

TracyB Apr 19th, 2007 10:47 AM

Also ging to Africa later this year...back to Asia in 2008 for me too!!

Craig Apr 19th, 2007 10:50 AM

Sri Lanka February or March 2008.

hawaiiantraveler Apr 19th, 2007 10:57 AM

Back to Japan in late April early May 2008 with either Bali/Thailand or Singapore/Thailand thrown in.

Aloha!

kat_in_the_hat Apr 19th, 2007 11:00 AM

Thailand (first Asia trip for me!) in May/June.

LeighTravelClub Apr 19th, 2007 11:11 AM

China towards the end of next month, then something else this year, before back to Thailand in Feb 2008.

laurieco Apr 19th, 2007 11:21 AM

Australia in NOvember

filmwill Apr 19th, 2007 11:36 AM

Bangkok/Luang Prabang/Hanoi/Hong Kong in November...and it can't come soon enough!

Kathie Apr 19th, 2007 11:46 AM

I know I'll be in Bangkok in November. We haven't decided our new destination - we're doing research on Bhutan, Sri Lanka and even considering (again) Burma. I've also thought about the Pandaw Mekong cruise... So many places, so little time!

Guenmai Apr 19th, 2007 11:53 AM

Where in Africa? I love being in Africa. It just takes more time,planning, and money when I go there than when I go to Asia. Happy Travels!

cruisinred Apr 19th, 2007 12:05 PM

Ohhh, so many great trips coming up. I can't wait for the trip reports.

Tracy- Where in Africa are you going?

Kathie & Craig- Can't wait for the reports from Sri Lanka, as its on my list for '08

filmwill- I went to LP and Hanoi last year and LOVED both places. You'll have such a great time!

Guenmai- I'm going to South Africa and to Botswana to visit a friend from college that moved there recently. I wanted to visit Senegal as well because the flight stops there, but I just don't have enough vacation time.You are correct that travel arrangements in Africa are not as easy or as inexpensive as in Asia!

thursdaysd Apr 19th, 2007 12:30 PM

With a broken & sprained ankle not predicted to heal until July, I'm sticking closer to home this year - likely taking the train across Canada, with stops at least on each coast and in the Rockies. (I'm trying to decide whether to head north to visit the polar bears as well.) But I'm really hoping (and starting to plan) to finally make it to Central Asia next year, maybe finishing in Tibet.

OJudy Apr 19th, 2007 01:44 PM

Shanghai for a month this summer to study Mandarin at Fudan University. I can hardly wait!

glorialf Apr 19th, 2007 01:49 PM

Thailand next feb and then either a return to India or a return to Japan.

KimJapan Apr 19th, 2007 01:54 PM

Singapore, Siem Reap, Bangkok, Phuket and Chiang Rai...in August.

moremiles Apr 19th, 2007 01:58 PM

BKK and Chiang Mai for (unfortunately, only a week) end of May, then Dubai, Kenya, Rwanda(for gorillas!) in late Oct.

travelduo Apr 19th, 2007 02:07 PM

I will be back in Thailand this summer, probably by myself. I think April will stay home since I will be going for a funeral. A friend just got out of the hospital here in the US, and is returning back home to Thailand to live out the last few months, so it won't be a happy trip :(
We did south africa last year, I hope everyone has a MUCH better time than we did! Not our cup of tea at all.

pat Apr 19th, 2007 02:15 PM

Maybe Borneo, thanks to Kathie`s trip report. I just don`t know about that long flight. And I thought Bangkok was a long flight! We did stop at Narita, which made it more tiring.

DonTopaz Apr 19th, 2007 02:44 PM

Kenya in August (hopefully right on time for the Great Migration in the Masai Mara), with a few days in Paris en route.

Trying to figure out 2008 now. Currently narrowed down to about a dozen places I must go (Botswana, Hong Kong, Japan, Beijing but not for the Olympics, Krakow, and several others), of which I'll have the time & funds for probably 1/3.

simpsonc510 Apr 19th, 2007 03:59 PM

Going to BKK in July on my own, 9 days only... I know, too short.

Maybe a trip back to Thailand sometime later in the year as well.

One of these days, I've got to expand my SE Asia travels to include places other than BKK!!

Carol