When to visit Hoi an

Jan 8th, 2007, 05:47 AM
Original Poster

When to visit Hoi an

I would like to plan a trip to Hoi An in November along with visiting Hanoi, Halong Bay, Sapa and Luang Prabang. I understand the weather is different for each area. Has anyone been to Hoi An in November, how much rain is there. I can wait until beginning of December as well. I'm concerned about rain, temps should be okay, which month should I go to visit all the places. Thanks. Alana
Jan 8th, 2007, 07:09 AM

Here is the best internet weather site: www.weatherbase.com November is very rainy for all of central VN (Hua, Hoi An and Hue). There is often flooding at this time of the year.
Jan 8th, 2007, 09:17 AM
Original Poster

I have looked on weatherbase and am feeling that Hue and Hoi An are very rainy during November. Is there another time of year that has little rain and then I can visit Hanoi, Sapa and Laos as well. Thanks. Alana
Jan 8th, 2007, 09:33 AM

It's always a tradeoff... Feb to July are fairly dry in central VN. Jan - April are low rainfall in Hanoi. Jan through Mar are the lowest rainfall in LP. January and February will be the coolest time in Hanoi and in Sapa. Do you want to go to Sapa when it's that cold? Look at the data and decide what kinds of compromises you want to make. March might be a reasonable compromise, but only you know what impact the weather will have on your enjoyment and just what (temperatures, rainfall) is most important to you.

Search this Thread