What kind of local handicrafts/curios are good buys in Bangkok? And what are best places to shop these? We aren't too keen on precious stones or clothes; more interested in handicrafts or even kitchen utensils - say a Som Tum papaya "shredder" if such a thing exists?!
Also, since we are big foodies and typically love to wander through the local grocery stores picking up interesting looking foods to try. Whats a good store to do this especially for Thai curry pastes etc?
We are going to be staying near the Chitlom BTS.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 2 Skiing in Japan - need advice
- 3 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 4 MUMBAI FOR TWO DAYS
- 5 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 6 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 7 Travel options from Negombo to Mirissa
- 8 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 9 Vietnam April 5 - 16
- 10 Trip to India Feb 1-18
- 11 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 12 PNG : Plumed, primal, proud...
- 13 Wat Arun
- 14 Solo or group tour for first trip to India?
- 15 Miyajima Island
- 16 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 17 What to do with a Layover in Taipei?
- 18 Vientiane to LP December
- 19 Safest beach area for solo female in Sri Lanka
- 20 Hotel in Vientiane 18-24 December
- 21 How to travel from Narita airport to Kawaguchiko
- 22 Prelim itinerary Java, Bali
- 23 5 days in Singapore
- 24 ONLY 3 DAYS in BEIJING -BEST THINGS TO DO?
- 25 Shanghai in January