Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   Welcome back, Dogster! (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/welcome-back-dogster-773106/)

Marija Mar 14th, 2009 03:48 PM

Welcome back, Dogster!

On March 15th dogster is to surface in Ahmedabad in a boutique hotel with Internet access. We missed you! Tell all or at least some...

MaryW Mar 14th, 2009 04:07 PM

Your pack awaits you. Poor thing - when you are just surfacing to be greeted by a mob of wagging tails and slobbering jaws desperate to say hello. Please don't snap at us just a quick bark and then you can go have a sleep.

Marija Mar 15th, 2009 08:12 AM

ttt

Kathie Mar 15th, 2009 09:36 AM

Yes, we're all awaiting the next chapter.

marya_ Mar 15th, 2009 10:16 AM

The Ides of March and Dogster too...

Gpanda Mar 15th, 2009 10:55 AM

Woof! Woof! He doth bestride the world like a might man and we petty readers...

dogster Mar 18th, 2009 06:27 AM

Dogster is alive - but only just.
The House of M.G., the internet and the Dog are words that, until now, have decided not to share the same sentence.
Why am I in Ahmedabad when I should be in Dasada? Only time will tell.
I managed to get into this site a few days ago, wrote a lengthy report, only to have it disappear. I'm not gonna do it again.

Gujarat has managed to reduce Dogster to incandescent fury, a level of frustration and impotent rage never seen since.. well, my last visit to India. On one of my trips I had to be dragged into the Ganges by a Great Dane before I was truly blooded. This time it has taken a series of bizarre, potentially life-threatening tribal misadventures to do it. You thought my last adventures were stupid. Trust me. Dogster has out-done himself this time.

dogster Mar 18th, 2009 06:35 AM

[I have to keep these posts short - if another one disappears I will weep]

Forgive me if I don't do a report right now. I'm barely standing upright; my mental health, up until a couple of days ago, was in ruins. This camel has passed through the eye of India's needle once again - luckily, I'm out the other side - but only after some extremely difficult days. Now, I just laugh.

In a day or so I'm up north to Danta and Poshina for more tribal stuff - and so, out of contact once again. Let's see if they can kill me THIS time...

Kathie Mar 18th, 2009 06:35 AM

I'm glad to hear that you are alive and ... well, kicking. I await the reports of your (mis)adventures.

Kathie Mar 18th, 2009 06:39 AM

Hmmm... I responded to you and my reply disappeared, so it's not just you, dogster. Nonetheless, I'm glad to hear that you are alive and I look forward to the report of your misadventures.

dogster Mar 18th, 2009 06:43 AM

I'll try and bash some words out if I can in the meantime - but E-mail is so hopeless, so slow, so erratic and frustrating that I can't guarantee anything. But I'm desperate to get it out of my head and onto E-paper. I need to unload this staggering Comedy of Errors.

The only message I can leave you with is this:

Dogster is a very stupid man.
Do not do what Dogster does.
Ever.

dogster Mar 18th, 2009 06:47 AM

And bless you Marija, Kathie et al for even noticing I'm alive. The staff is hovering, wanting their office computer back. I have been allocated my 30 minutes in cyber-space. Gotta go.

Back in Udaipur, at the latest.

ekscrunchy Mar 18th, 2009 06:48 AM

BOW WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Becalm Mar 18th, 2009 07:05 AM

Good to hear you've emerged. The search and rescue can be called off.

Lick your wounds, rest up for round two and commit your tribal adventures to Word for now to save you further lost post frustration. You can cut and paste into Fodor's when you resurface to a spot with a reliable connection. Take care - keep laughing.

travelaw Mar 18th, 2009 07:18 AM

Dogster -- I'm now completely convinced that there is a curse hanging over Gujarat. Enjoy Udaipur and check in when you can. We've missed you and look frward to your stories of stupidity, torture and near death experiences. Happy to know you are still alive . . . hang in there!

Marija Mar 18th, 2009 07:44 AM

Dogster, What a relief to read that you have surfaced, even though not totally intact. I must admit that I was secretly looking forward to joining the rescue party that would free you from whatever you've gotten yourself into. Maybe next time...

Do follow the advice to write your text (and save it) using Word or something. Then copy it and paste it into here. That way your words are always secure and well protected, unlike dogster himself.

Gpanda Mar 18th, 2009 08:23 AM

Glad to have you back. Take your time. No penalty will be assessed. We rely not only on your artful prose, but your various escapes from calamities.

Ours is not to reason why,
Ours is but to read your sigh.

Jaya Mar 18th, 2009 08:38 AM

DOGSTER!!! Here's a big hug. We've missed you so much. :)

kkepler Mar 18th, 2009 09:18 AM

These responses read like a bunch of peasants who fell off the back of a turnip truck.

dogster Mar 18th, 2009 09:22 AM

Oh, guys, I could sob at your kindness. Truly.

I've been allocated another cyber-slot, only because Deepak, the stone-faced boss of reception has gone home to slaughter a few children, just for fun. He takes special pleasure in torturing me. I think I offend him, just by drawing breath. Ahhh, well - tomorrow will be Deepak's special day...

Now, to add to my frustration and fury, I've managed to lock all the documents in my computer so I can't write a word. How to unlock them? No idea. I've tried. I've failed. I've tried again. I've failed again. Strangely, laughter has deserted me - now I just want to sob.