Webster University Hua Hin/Cha-am

Oct 4th, 2007, 09:28 AM
Original Poster

Webster University Hua Hin/Cha-am

My 19 year old son is seriously thinking about spending a semester at Webster University Hua Hin/Cha-am. Does anyone have any experience with this campus or any thoughts regarding the safety of the area? Thanks very much for your help.
Oct 4th, 2007, 10:41 AM

I've never heard of this university. The first think I would check is to make sure it is a legitimate, accredited university so that your son gets credit for the classes he takes.

Hua Hin/Cha Am is a beach area about 2.5 hours from Bangkok by car. I've been there a couple of times. It's certainly a very safe area.
Oct 4th, 2007, 12:32 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your rapid reply. The address of the university is Prachuab Khirikhan. On their website they call the campus location Hua Hin/Cha-am. It is an accredited program and transferable to the Webster University St. Louis where my son is a student.
Oct 4th, 2007, 04:43 PM

Webster has taken the idea of 'franchised' education to new extremes. They have campuses all over the US and in several Asian cities. They've been in Bangkok for a few years, but the Hua Hin 'campus' is new to me.

If it's anything like the Bangkok outlet, the 'campus' is just a few rooms in a shophouse.
Oct 4th, 2007, 05:40 PM

your son would enjoy the area but like michael says check some more about the facilities and the education...
Oct 4th, 2007, 07:01 PM

Webster is one and Stamford is another, both are off the main road north of the town center, I have seen their buses in town in the evenings when down there, I think they both run a shuttle for students to and from town, students seem an international mix.
Entrance are both 'large'.
I would check on both Wenster and Stamford to compare.
One of them ( don't know which ) has a large building just past the local airport that is used as accommodation, lokks fine, a/c units etc, though have never been inside.
Just check as you do normaly with their US places, as far as experience, seems to me if the degres are fine then a good way to study plus also get to live in another place for a while, and to study Hua Hin would be good, safe, large town as opposed to city, couple of hours from Bangkok, plus they get the beach too!!

If your son wants to study overseas I guess Hua Hin would be quite a good choice given the opportunities to visit other places in the country and also visit other regional destinations.

If they are US 'franchise/affiliated' then the US Embassy BKK not doubt has details, perhaps their cultural department or whatever could give you more details.