Weather in Phuket

Aug 31st, 2004, 11:54 PM
Original Poster

Weather in Phuket

Hi Everyone,

Will the weather in Phuket be lousy during the end of Sept. through the beginning of Oct? I may plan a last minute honeymoon if it's nice. Thank you.
Sep 1st, 2004, 01:01 AM

Those two months are in the middle of the rainy season, not a great time to go to Phuket, IMO, esp September. You will find much the same on the Gulf of Thailand side (i.e. Koh Samui) Take a look at weatherbase.com and worldclimate.com for info.

YOu will find lower rates on hotels, but not sure it is worth facing the rain.

You are much better of in Bali, which is further south and does not get the monsoon rains until December. Sept and Oct are very dry there.
Sep 1st, 2004, 02:40 AM

Sept/Oct are rainy season in Phuket and apart from the rain you can't swim. I was there late last week and although some sunshine there was also lots of rain, but at the time you are thinking hotel rates are way low and some amazing cheap bargains to be had, so if you are prepared to shrug your shoulders at some rain and spend rainy hours have a great massage or visiting a spa, or just relaxing with a book price wise it's a good time, if you want far far better chance of sunshine stick to the Gulf and perhaps Koh Samui would be your best bet.

Search this Thread