Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Weather in Phu Quoc in late June/early July??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello everyone. We will be staying on Phu Quoc from June 21 to June 26 2008 and have our choice of two hotels...either the Sea Star or Mai House. Sea Star has A/C and Mai House doesn't.

Do we need A/C while we are there at that time?

I am leaning toward Mai house mostly because of the reviews on Trip Advisor and the restaurant serves food/drinks all day. Sea Star only serves Bfast.

We stayed for 10 days on Koh Samui in Thailand two years ago in December in a place that had AC and we were very thankful for it. I know Dec seems to be high season, is June as hot as Dec?

A side note about us: We live in So Cal in a house near the beach that doesn't have AC and we do fine until about August, when it gets in the high 80's during the day and gets really still (no breeze) at night. In late August we have a hard time sleeping well because it is SO hot with the high humidity and lack of any breeze. We don't want to have this on our vacation...but I realize that Vietnam and So Cal are two different places so any help would be much appreciated.
Old Feb 16th, 2008, 11:44 AM

No, June is not as hot as December - it's much hotter! And more humid. I guess it depends on how much breeze there might be from the water. Sometimes fan-cooled bungalows on the beach are very comfortable because of a breeze, sometimes they are stifling.
Old Feb 16th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Original Poster

Greeeaaattttt....thanks Kathie. I'm sad to hear that June is hotter than December but I guess that information helps me make my decision. We should probably stick with the AC'd bungalows at Sea Star. Shoot. I think I had my heart set on Mai House. It just looks perfect, exactly what I was looking for.
Old Feb 16th, 2008, 09:33 PM

You can certainly count on some rain too! That will help cool things off a bit.