Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   Weather in BKK, Seam Reap, Yangon? (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/weather-in-bkk-seam-reap-yangon-723841/)

lery Jul 25th, 2007 04:36 PM

Weather in BKK, Seam Reap, Yangon?

My family and I are going to Bkk, Seam Reap, Yangon, Bagan and Anantara this December/January. It's our first time. After visiting the temples, bazars, etc, we would like to "rest'by the hotels' pools. We are not quite sure about the temperatures in these places during winter time. Has anybody been to these places at this time of the year? Is there a site where I could check the temperatures?
We are staying at:
BKK: Marriott
Seam Reap: Sokha Angkor Hotel
Yangon: Savoy Hotel
Bagan: Thiriptsaya (?) Hotel
Golden Triangle: Anantara Resort
I'm just mentioning the hotels to hear if you have comments , and I think these hotels have nice pools.
THANKS everybody who helped me with all the information I needed!!!!(and still need!)

Craig Jul 25th, 2007 04:47 PM

I'll comment on the Myanmar hotels as others will do better for places elsewhere. The Savoy's pool is nice. Hopefully your room will be facing it. It is a very pleasant place to eat breakfast by as well. The best pool in Bagan is probably at the Aureum Palace which is worth checking into. Weather in Myanmar in December should be hot and humid in Yangon, hot and dry in Bagan and not much rain in either location.

Kathie Jul 25th, 2007 05:07 PM

It will be plenty hot enough to swim in all of these locales.

www.weatherbase.com

rhkkmk Jul 25th, 2007 05:33 PM

how do you say hot, hoter and hotest....the pool will be well used!!

rhkkmk Jul 25th, 2007 05:34 PM

the question should be should i bring one or two bathing suits...?

lery Jul 25th, 2007 05:40 PM

Thanks everybody!
But what about Anantara in the Goden Triangle?

rhkkmk Jul 25th, 2007 06:37 PM

it will be warm but not as warm as the southern places....we swam every day in our november visit...

Kathie Jul 25th, 2007 07:45 PM

When we were there in November a few years ago it was 90 during the day (but not humid) and cooled down refreshingly at night.

Hanuman Jul 25th, 2007 08:58 PM

Big difference in the temperature from November to late December or early January. In the mountainous area it could be too cold for you to swim even during the daytime. I would even bring a light jacket!

KimJapan Jul 25th, 2007 09:54 PM

In Chiang Mai and in Lampang at the TECC in December right before New Year's, daytime was warm, but after sundown I wore a fleece jacket and in spite of blankets on the bed, froze at the TECC at night. My daughter swam at Yaang Come Village, but it was too cold for me, both air and water.

In Bangkok, the air temperature was very warm, but the pool temperature at the Conrad in 2005 and at the Peninsula a few years earlier, same time, was too cold to do anything but get wet...no relaxing IN the pool, but beside it was nice.