We're going to Japan :-)

Apr 18th, 2005, 02:49 AM
Original Poster

We're going to Japan :-)

Hi

My wife and I have finally bought the tickets and we are going to Japan from May 15th to May 28th. We are still waiting for the guidebook to arrive and so far our only plan is to stay in Tokyo for 5-6 nights. After that maybe the World Expo, Kyoto, Hiroshima etc. So if you have any good tips or links to nice trip reports from Japan please get in touch We still have to book a hotel in Tokyo and I'm wondering which area we should go for. I think the trip to Japan will be great. It certainly looks very different from Norway but hopefully we won't get a total cultural shock . I will of course post a trip report from the trip on my homepage http://gardkarlsen.com once we are back

Regards
Gard
Apr 18th, 2005, 03:43 AM
emd

Hello Gard. That is great, I am excited for you. I recall your post at the beginning of the year when you were just hoping to go and gettign started w/the planning. At that point I replied but I had not been to Japan yet. Now, I have been and am back home. I had 5 full days and nights in Tokyo, then Kyoto, Ohara, Hiroshima and a quick trip to Miyajima, and Osaka. I did a trip report, rather lengthy. Search for EMD trip report in the box above and you'll see it. I covered our hotels in there also.
Good luck! And let us know when your trip report is posted so we can remember to go to that page to read it.

Search this Thread