I am officially done checking in with airline web sites, hoping desparately that I will find 4 seats (any four seats...two to a flight would be fine even!).
Got Honolulu to BKK via Narita on All Nippon Air, I like them; then BKK to Siem Reap and return on Bangkok Airways, then Bkk to Hong Kong (Gulf Air, who are they?) and home to Honolulu, again on ANA.
All hotels are also booked. One thing that bothered me though- the Oriental Bangkok has already charged my credit card for two room nights. It would have been nice if they had warned me...I was planning to put it on a different card once I got there.
Then, the Peninsula just sent me an email. Not only did they confirm a balcony room, (I booked grand deluxe), but they want me to fill out a lengthy charge authorization, and FAX it with a copy of the front and back of my credit card to the Hotel by this weekend.
Once received, they will immediately charge a non-refundable $2100+ for our two rooms/three nights over New Year's. I really don't like having to Fax all this, both for the cost and for the security issues.
Salisbury Y in Hong Kong has also charged me in advance without noting it.
I never use booking sites for hotel rooms, as I hate paying in full in advance, but these hotels went ahead and did it without even warning me!!
Now I'll need to take the credit card statements with me to make sure I get the correct credits once there.....
Oh well. It has been such a chore getting tickets for this trip that I'm just glad to have everything locked in.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Miami vs Virginia
- 2 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 3 Solo or group tour for first trip to India?
- 4 Hotel in Vientiane 18-24 December
- 5 Trip to India Feb 1-18
- 6 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 7 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 8 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 9 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 10 Vietnam April 5 - 16
- 11 How to travel from Narita airport to Kawaguchiko
- 12 Vientiane to LP December
- 13 Prelim itinerary Java, Bali
- 14 5 days in Singapore
- 15 ONLY 3 DAYS in BEIJING -BEST THINGS TO DO?
- 16 What to do with a Layover in Taipei?
- 17 Shanghai in January
- 18 24hrs in Seoul on Christmas..what to do
- 19 Myanmar tour companies
- 20 Luang Prabang for Christmas which Hotel?
- 21 Recommended drivers in Sri Lanka
- 22 Top Things to do in Amazing Bali - Travel Report
- 23 Advice On 15 Day Trip To Taiwan, Vietnam & Laos?
- 24 We did it! -4 weeks of independent travel in China - a detailed report
- 25 look for resort suggestions for Phuket and/or Ko Samui areas