I'm wondering how easy / difficult would be to visit a few monasteries in Nepal, maybe for a few hours or stay a few days in each, travelling on our own, without travel agency.
We are not really dedicated to that kind of travel, but especially for Nepal, would like to experience this particular side, hoping also, we could comminicate in English!? Else could be not so rewarding...
We plan to also visit the areas around Katmandu, Lukla or Annapurna for general sightseeing -trekking, maybe they are fine for monasteries visit?
Any recomendations about area, transportation, maybe permits, costs or anything else from your expertise, would be of great great help!
many thanks to all!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 https://testosteroneboosterbits.com/royal-kiraz/
- 2 Trip to India Feb 1-18
- 3 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 4 Solo or group tour for first trip to India?
- 5 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 6 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 7 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 8 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 9 Vietnam April 5 - 16
- 10 How to travel from Narita airport to Kawaguchiko
- 11 Vientiane to LP December
- 12 Prelim itinerary Java, Bali
- 13 5 days in Singapore
- 14 ONLY 3 DAYS in BEIJING -BEST THINGS TO DO?
- 15 What to do with a Layover in Taipei?
- 16 Shanghai in January
- 17 24hrs in Seoul on Christmas..what to do
- 18 Myanmar tour companies
- 19 Luang Prabang for Christmas which Hotel?
- 20 Hotel in Vientiane 18-24 December
- 21 Recommended drivers in Sri Lanka
- 22 Top Things to do in Amazing Bali - Travel Report
- 23 Advice On 15 Day Trip To Taiwan, Vietnam & Laos?
- 24 We did it! -4 weeks of independent travel in China - a detailed report
- 25 look for resort suggestions for Phuket and/or Ko Samui areas