I will be in Beijing, Shanghai, Taipei and Hong Kong on a trip with 70 of my classmates. This is a pre-organized trip so most of our sightseeing and hotels are pre-planned/pre-arranged. However, I still have some time left in each city to do a few things on my own:
Beijing: Staying at the Beijing Renaissance Capital hotel.
One evening, after 8 pm the group wants to go clubbing and I'm absolutely not interested in this. After a certain age, clubbing and such is just beyond me. Any interesting things you feel I could do instead? I love photography, FWIW.
- Have almost a full free day (9 am to 4 pm).
- There is one evening at Temple street. I've never been there. But I've heard its touristy. Should I do it just once? Thoughts?
- Shilin night market: One night we're going there from 7-9 pm and then the folks are heading clubbing. Any suggestions on what I can do after?
- Have a dinner at Xin Yeh another night. After that we're free 9 pm onwards. Apparently there is a 24 hour bookstore in that area. Is it worth visiting?
- 2.5 hours in the afternoon at Jiu Fen streets. Any suggestions on vegetarian food there?
- 11:30 am to 4 pm on another day: Completely free.
We will be visiting in the first two weeks of January.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 AOL☎ 1~866~201:6261 Password Reset Contact Now ☎ AOL Tec*h CALL.☎M9*
- 2 two health related questions
- 3 Japan escorted
- 4 Princess Cruise
- 5 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 6 Looking for advice on first-time Hong Kong trip
- 7 Please Help First-Timers to India!
- 8 Junk boat cruise-halong Bay,VNam
- 9 Mongolia - Blue Silk Travel
- 10 Nha Trang,Vn taxi
- 11 4 nights in Himalayas - Bhutan,Nepal, India?
- 12 Bago or Golden rock
- 13 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 14 Bangkok
- 15 Sri Lanka compared to southern India, which do you prefer?
- 16 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 17 Please help! Planning honeymoon in Malaysia!
- 18 HELP WITH JAPAN ITINERARY FOR MARCH
- 19 altenratives to Chiang Mai for "northen Thailand experience"
- 20 Restaurants in Bangkok
- 21 Food for thought- Restaurant suggestions for India Feb 1-18
- 22 Need some info on travelling to Malaysia?
- 23 Unique Map & Guide to Tokyo
- 24 Sulawesi
- 25 Racism danger in Cambodia?
Visiting China, HK and Taipei, have some free time and need suggestions