Gem palace jaipur

Search

Gem palace jaipur

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22nd, 2016, 04:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gem palace jaipur

Is the ivory used in jewelry at gem palace jaipur non cruelty harvasted?
Old Mar 22nd, 2016, 05:03 PM

It is all cruelly harvested. Even old ivory was acquired through cruel harvesting, though it is legal if it is old enough.
Old Mar 22nd, 2016, 05:54 PM

But even the very oldest ivory needs documentation to make it legal. The government will sell you an expensive certificate to make it legal for you to transport it between states or to resell it.
Old Mar 23rd, 2016, 03:47 AM

Are you advertising gem palace? This is your 2nd question on this matter
Old Mar 23rd, 2016, 08:17 AM

I don't think this is an ad. Gem Palace in Jaipur is very well known. I expect this is a naive customer who was told the ivory there was all legal and she is (wisely) checking that out.
Old Mar 25th, 2016, 09:42 AM
Original Poster

Thank you and no this is not an advertisement for GP. I was given two bracelets from a dear aunt who in the past (5-10 years ago)was a frequent buyer of jewelry at GP and she gifted me two bracelets. The two bracelets have ivory beads on them along with diamonds. She was told the beads were ivory and I feel very bad amount wearing them. I have written to GP to inquiry as to whether it is real ivory, hoping they inform me that it is not. However, they have not responded so I was seeking advice elsewhere.

Most of you have been kind and informative. I know the ivory cruelty along with many other cruel actions against animals so I was seeking some feedback.

Additional feedback always welcomed...
thanks
Old Mar 25th, 2016, 09:50 AM

That is a difficult bind. I tend to think of old jewelry gifted by someone to be a special case.

I doubt that Gem Palace can be helpful to you on this matter. You might take your bracelets to a good local jeweler and ask them if the beads are ivory or not. There is plenty of fake ivory that gets passed off as real - we can hope this is the case for your bracelets.
Old Mar 25th, 2016, 10:02 AM
Original Poster

Thanks! I appreciate the feedback and kind thoughts. If I keep maybe have them restrung if that's possible??? Just feel funny about the whole thing tho. I am hoping that GP responds and tells me they are not real ivory or that they only acquire ivory from animals who died a natural death....wishful thinking .

thanks again! you have been great!
Old Apr 13th, 2016, 10:55 PM

If your dear aunt has been sold the bracelets by Gems Palace Jaipur and told that these were genuine ivory beads, be sure these are genuine. GP Jaipur enjoys a formidable reputation and also be sure the items are some of the best money can buy!
Perspectives change with time. What is today considered Cruelty Harvest, was considered the finest past time in the era gone by!! Ernst Hemingway, Eastman Kodak & many more, enjoyed the pursuit.
Wear the articles with pride!!!
Old Apr 22nd, 2016, 12:57 AM

It is all brutally harvested. Even older ivory was acquired throughout nasty harvesting, while it is legal if it is old enough.