I am looking at flights from Tokyo, Japan to Phuket, Thailand. In both Japan and Thailand, with a Canadian passport, I don't have to worry about any visas. I found a great priced flight with a layover in Guangzhou CAN airport for 1h 35m. I was wondering if I need a visa even for a layover in China and even if I don't leave the airport.
I had a friend who couldn't get on a flight because he is Tunisian and didn't have a visa for the US so for a flight from Canada to Europe via NYC, he had to rebook his flight tickets. Since that story, I don't want to take any chances anymore.
Anybody know the rules?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 AVAST @ 1800~681~7208 installations & सक्रियण contact AVAST 24 care d/k
- 2 Looking for advice on first-time Hong Kong trip
- 3 First time to Vietnam. Itinerary help please
- 4 Tips for One Week in Japan with Baby
- 5 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 6 Hiking in Sapa
- 7 4 nights in Himalayas - Bhutan,Nepal, India?
- 8 Please Help First-Timers to India!
- 9 Japan escorted
- 10 two health related questions
- 11 Food for thought- Restaurant suggestions for India Feb 1-18
- 12 Restaurants in Bangkok
- 13 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 14 Princess Cruise
- 15 Junk boat cruise-halong Bay,VNam
- 16 Mongolia - Blue Silk Travel
- 17 Nha Trang,Vn taxi
- 18 Bago or Golden rock
- 19 Sri Lanka compared to southern India, which do you prefer?
- 20 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 21 Please help! Planning honeymoon in Malaysia!
- 22 HELP WITH JAPAN ITINERARY FOR MARCH
- 23 altenratives to Chiang Mai for "northen Thailand experience"
- 24 Need some info on travelling to Malaysia?
- 25 Unique Map & Guide to Tokyo
Visa for a Canadian on layover in Guangzhou airport (CAN airport)?