Please help! We want to visit Vietnam for the first time in April 2014 (couple traveling together). Did some research and really want to visit the North (Hanoi, Halong Bay and Sapa) as well as Hoi An. We like nature, being active (hiking and biking) as well as a few days in the city (fine dining and visiting sites). My problem is I can only find affordable flights to and from Saigon. We thought we might as well spend a few days there as well, but I am worried that the trip will be to rushed. Please view my itinerary and advise if I am being over ambitious time wise?
8 April - arrive Saigon at 19h00
9 - 12 April: Saigon (3 full days, 4 nights) with day trips to Mekong delta and Cu Chi tunnels
12 April: Fly Saigon to Hanoi (2 days, 1 night)
13 April: overnight train to Sapa
14 - 16 April: Sapa, catching overnight train back to Hanoi 16th.
17 April: Hanoi
18 April: Halong Bay (1 night, 2 days)
19 April: Fly Hanoi to Da Nang, train to Hoi An
19 - 22 April: Hoi An (3 nights, 2.5 days)
22 April: train to Da Nang, fly to Saigon for midnight flight back home.
Please advise if you think we will be too rushed or is the time in each location sufficient?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Please help! Planning honeymoon in Malaysia!
- 2 8 Days in Bali
- 3 two health related questions
- 4 Princess Cruise
- 5 Best day trip from Phuket
- 6 Malaysia to Thailand Visa (Algerian Passport Holder)
- 7 Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar or Thailand?
- 8 Lombok, Indonesia on 24/12/17 to 30/12/17
- 9 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 10 Kata Beach
- 11 Sulawesi
- 12 meow?
- 13 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 14 Help me plan my honeymoon! 7.5 days in Japan
- 15 First time to Japan (This Month)
- 16 Phuket
- 17 MUMBAI FOR TWO DAYS
- 18 altenratives to Chiang Mai for "northen Thailand experience"
- 19 Racism danger in Cambodia?
- 20 Restaurants in Bangkok
- 21 Bangkok - Suggestions ??
- 22 Food for thought- Restaurant suggestions for India Feb 1-18
- 23 Going to France - Should I Learn French?
- 24 36 Hours in Manila with a Baby and Seeking Hotel Recommendations
- 25 How to travel from Narita airport to Kawaguchiko