Shanghainese have you heard if Quintet B&B shanghai

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9th, 2009, 07:21 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is in the French Concessiuon on Changshu Lu. http://www.quintet-shanghai.com/ I decided after my trip this past March that I want to stay longer each trip to Shanghai and start getting to know the city well again. I also want to stay in a neighborhood instead of sterile hotels to get a better feel for the area and walk to the office in the mornings. This place looks so nice and cosy.

I fell in love with the Tai Kang Road area and keep saying to my husband lets get out of here and live in Shanghai for 2 years! I am really more serious about this with each passing day! The neighborhood reminded me of Grenwich village or Soho and had the older lower building surrounding it. I really liked that instead of the huge high rise buildings.
Old Apr 9th, 2009, 10:43 PM

Shanghai has been developing so fast, some say it might be the world's financial center in the future. It's a great city perfectly combines the west and east. Hope you can stay there longer and have great time!
Old Apr 11th, 2009, 07:27 AM

I am aware of the B&B, 3 blocks from my DM's home, haven't been inside so can't report on it. The area is lovely, hope they keep it that way.

Near Tai Kang Road is the Ruijin Guesthouse, lowrise buildings in a huge and gorgeous garden complex, we go to the fabulous Xiaonanguo restaurant (not the Southern Beauty) every time we are in Shanghai, give the restaurant and the guesthouse a try, and let me know about the Quintet, please.
Old May 15th, 2009, 03:54 AM
Original Poster

I may try the Quintet first as its quite small. Interesting as it looks like the Gal is Chinese American and started renting rooms out in Apartments including her own and decided to rent a property to evolve her buysiness. Quite cheap for the rooms to rent in apartments but I would be more wary about that. Have you stayed at the Rujian Guesthouse?
Old May 19th, 2009, 03:34 PM

SiobhanP -- No, we don't stay in hotels in Shanghai but eat often at the restuarant in the Ruijin Guesthouse's big compound.