Vietnam in november-any suggestions?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am planning a trip to southeast asia in November. I am thinking about vietnam cambodia thailand and japan over 3 weeks. Is this too ambitious an itinerary? Is 7 months enough lead time? Any suggestions to get me started would be helpful
THANKS TO ALL
Old Mar 6th, 2008, 06:44 PM

you have plenty of lead time....november is the start of the high season however and hotel rates are up...

om 3 weeks i would think you need to pare down your destinations...

if you have not been to asia before thailand is the easiest to navigate as it has the most infastructure for tourists...

i would drop japan or make it the sole focus of your trip... same really applies to vietnam---it is a trip in itself..

you could nicely combine thailand and cambodia....or you could combine vietnam and cambodia
Old Mar 6th, 2008, 10:35 PM

It is ambitious. I would cut out 2 or 3 destinations.

November is a good time to go to Japan. The leaves are turning colors around the 18th in Kyoto. Kyushu Bassho. Shichi-go-san.

I was in Vietnam in November 2006 and the weather was excellent.

Maybe go to Hanoi and spend a 7 to 9 days in Hanoi with side trips to Halong Bay and/or Sapa. Or something else up north. Then 12 to 14 days in Japan.

Or fly to Bangkok for a 6 days with a side trip for four days to Angkor Wat. Then Japan for 11 days.

In both of those itineraries I assume that Tokyo is enroute to the other destination (Hanoi or Bangkok). The travel, except for side trip, could all be on one ticket, and would be a good way to use an award ticket (using the stopover option).
Old Mar 7th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Original Poster

Thank you both for your reply. I will reconsider my options and follow up with a new post when I have decided on a more realistic itinerary.
Old Mar 7th, 2008, 09:46 PM

4 countries in three weeks wow! That;s OK I suppose if you just want to take in the highlights but you could easily spend three weeks in Vietnam alone. Highlights in the north for me were Ninh Binh, Halong Bay and Sapa. In one week you could probably put a comfortable Hanoi/Sapa/Halong Bay itinerary together.

http://www.travelsinasia.com/Vietnam/Vietnam.html