We are a couple travelling with our 5 year old daughter visiting Vietnam for the first time. Tentative broad itinerary is to fly into Hanoi, explore the city the next day, then take an overnight cruise to ha long bay. From there, go to hoi an and spend 3/4 days exploring hue and hoi an. Move on to HCMC for couple of days and then finally bust the budget and spend 2/3 days at six senses, con dao. Fly out of HCMC.
Specific questions since we are doing this in June end -
- does it make sense to do Sapa because of better weather? Hanoi would be quite hot at this time.
- I had heard Ha long bay is one of the trip highlights but for that reason is quite crowded. Is the bay really dirty and over crowded? Is Bai Tu Long bay better and worth it? Or should we just forget about this area and do sapa instead?
- again from weather perspective, is it better to spend more days in hoi an / hue area or shift focus to HCMC / Mekong delta?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Recommended drivers in Sri Lanka
- 2 Bangkok
- 3 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 4 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 5 Sri Lanka compared to southern India, which do you prefer?
- 6 Looking for advice on first-time Hong Kong trip
- 7 Best day trip from Phuket
- 8 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 9 Please help! Planning honeymoon in Malaysia!
- 10 HELP WITH JAPAN ITINERARY FOR MARCH
- 11 Bago or Golden rock
- 12 altenratives to Chiang Mai for "northen Thailand experience"
- 13 Restaurants in Bangkok
- 14 Food for thought- Restaurant suggestions for India Feb 1-18
- 15 Junk boat cruise-halong Bay,VNam
- 16 Need some info on travelling to Malaysia?
- 17 Unique Map & Guide to Tokyo
- 18 Sulawesi
- 19 Racism danger in Cambodia?
- 20 8 Days in Bali
- 21 two health related questions
- 22 Princess Cruise
- 23 Malaysia to Thailand Visa (Algerian Passport Holder)
- 24 Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar or Thailand?
- 25 Lombok, Indonesia on 24/12/17 to 30/12/17