Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page > Vietnam in January- Where to begin??? Help!

Vietnam in January- Where to begin??? Help!

Jul 7th, 2007, 05:59 PM
Original Poster

Vietnam in January- Where to begin??? Help!

A friend and I are planning to travel for about 3 weeks to Vietnam in January. I am 52, she is 60-
I just don't where to begin to plan.
Does anyone have any sugestions for hotels and/or guides- and if you needed one regualrly, or to start from the north and travel south and vice versa?
So many questions-= Yikes!!!

thanks!
Jul 7th, 2007, 06:42 PM

With three weeks you can see a fair amount of VN. Do take a look at the weather www.weatherbase.com checking each city you are interested in visiting. I recommend you either start in HCMC and move north or start in Hanoi and move south. You may wish to have a guide from time to time, but you can easily do without one. Hire guides as needed. I do recommend that you stay in hotels regularly, however. ;-)

Hanoi can be your base for a while, and you can do trips to places such as Halong Bay, the Perfume Pagoda or Sapa. With HCMC as your base, you may want to visit the Mekong Delta, for instance.

Do you have a good guidebook yet? Start there, read some of the many reports on VN on this boardm then come back with specific questions. If you want recommendations for hotels, give us a price range per night.
Jul 7th, 2007, 07:19 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for posting back so quickly, Kathie- and for the good start- yes, I agree, a hotel regualrly is one decision I can start off with!

I will write back with more specifics-thanks!
Jul 7th, 2007, 09:21 PM

see www.getawaysforgirls.com who have Vietnam programme for women

Search this Thread