After spending time in Bangkok (which I previously wrote to you about), Luang Prabang and Siem Reap, we arrive in Vietnam for 11 days. We start our journey there in Ho Chi Minh City and plan to conclude it in Hanoi. We have booked one night on the Indochina Junk in Halong Bay at the end of the trip.
Our early plans include 3 nights in HCMC, 3 nights in the central coast, 4 nights in Hanoi, and 1 night on Halong Bay.
We are already feeling like it is too short a time! After seeing many temples earlier in our trip, we want to be careful not to get temple fatigue. Some of the sights we are considering are the Mekong Delta, Hoi An, Hue and the Phong Nha Ke Bang National Park.
We are active 58 and 63 year olds without children. We prefer higher end accommodations and though we like to hike, camping is not something we want to do. We are also not beach people other than enjoying specular views.
The central coast has a lot to offer but is not logistically possible to see everything. For example, we are torn between seeing Hoi An and Hue but the photos of the Phong Nha Ke Bang National Park and its caves look breathtaking and I wonder if it would be nice to get away from the crowds for awhile (though camping may be the only lodging there).
I would really appreciate you comments and suggestions on our itinerary and recommendations of things to see and do. Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 VERIZON 1888:260 :2909 CONTACTVERIZON Techh care
- 2 VERIZON 1888:260 :2909 CONTACTVERIZON Techh care
- 3 How To Build UP my Toursim Industry in Bali
- 4 Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar or Thailand?
- 5 Singapore the Most beautiful place.
- 6 Lombok, Indonesia on 24/12/17 to 30/12/17
- 7 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 8 Kata Beach
- 9 Best day trip from Phuket
- 10 two health related questions
- 11 Sulawesi
- 12 meow?
- 13 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 14 Help me plan my honeymoon! 7.5 days in Japan
- 15 First time to Japan (This Month)
- 16 Phuket
- 17 MUMBAI FOR TWO DAYS
- 18 altenratives to Chiang Mai for "northen Thailand experience"
- 19 Racism danger in Cambodia?
- 20 Restaurants in Bangkok
- 21 Bangkok - Suggestions ??
- 22 Princess Cruise
- 23 Food for thought- Restaurant suggestions for India Feb 1-18
- 24 Going to France - Should I Learn French?
- 25 36 Hours in Manila with a Baby and Seeking Hotel Recommendations