Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Two full days in Singapore as part of world trip

Old Sep 22nd, 2000, 09:38 AM
jane

We have two full days in Singapore in December as part of a world trip. Any suggestions as to best places to eat, drink, visit, shop. <BR> <BR>Thanks <BR>Jane

Old Sep 25th, 2000, 03:36 AM
Thomas

If your love seafood - East Coast Seafood.There are many food courts in Spore where you can try local dishes. <BR>Drinks - Mohd Sultan Lane -many watering holes. Visit - Sentosa Island. <BR>Shop - Orchard Road (X) Take a train (MRT) to go Toa Payoh or Ang Mo kio (bargains) Have a nice stay.

Old Sep 29th, 2000, 03:32 AM
yipsy

Sentosa is too expensive... U should try the world class Mandai Zoological Gardens and in the night, they have the Night Safari. (they are all beside each other) <BR>

Old Oct 4th, 2000, 12:29 AM
Rel

I agree with yipsy - Sentosa is a rip off. The Night Safari at the Zoo is incredible.

Old Oct 6th, 2000, 05:27 AM
marc

Visit sentosa island, the aquarium is great. <BR>DonŽt miss the night safari. <BR>See Chinatown and try as many of the hawkers places as you can. <BR>If you like shopping Orchard road would be another place to go to - if not leave it out and see the arab quarter, little india and relax at the pool of your hotel. <BR>I hope youŽll enjoi Singapoore as much as we did.

Old Oct 26th, 2000, 04:09 PM
Frank

Jane: Night Safari, Jurong Bird Park, Raffles, Go to Clarke Quay for dinner on river. Frank

Old Oct 31st, 2000, 02:38 AM
Jim

I live in Singapore, and I can tell you, the Night Safari is not all that great. It's going to the zoo at night. Try the Botanical Gardens and the National Orchid Garden for a real treat. The zoo is lovely, as is the Mandai Orchid farm down the road. Definitely go to the Raffles Hotel for a Singapore Sling in the Long Bar. Absolutely must do the "hawker" centers for a real taste of Singaporean food culture. Let me know if you need any more info. Have fun. Jim

Old Nov 16th, 2000, 01:27 PM
danny

saying to go visit chinatown in singapore is like saying go visit braziltown in rio de janeiro. <BR> <BR>there's 76% chinese in singapore. <BR> <BR>the hell with sentosa island, unless you like waiting in lines, paying too much money for kiddie things, and seeing no culture. <BR> <BR>yes, go eat the hawkers stalls, they are all cheap and good. <BR> <BR>take a walk down boat and clark quay, and go to the chinese/japanese gardens, the zoo, hike in bukit timah and macritchie reservoir, and just walk like madmen. <BR> <BR>danny