Turkmenistan Experience

Oct 29th, 2019, 11:50 PM
Original Poster

Turkmenistan Experience

Dear all I am planning to travel Turkmenistan this spring and want to know how to get visa and the best destinations, Hotels and all your experience. Wha are the best travel agencies to book tours?
Nov 4th, 2019, 09:53 PM
Original Poster

Trip to turkmenistan

We are people from Italy and want to enter from Uzbekistan from Shavat border and plan to travel Turkmenistan during 6 days and flight to Istanbul. We are planing to stay 2 days in Ashgabat and other 4 days would like to travel other destinations . What are the best sights and we need some local travel agencies to take care all this arrangements from visa support and all other parts thanks.
Nov 5th, 2019, 12:06 PM
Original Poster

Trip to turkmenistan

Hello, we are 6 people yes I think this itenary is ok for us and we would like to have 4 star hotel and snd budget price can you recommend us a travel company which takes care of all arangements. For now I have contacted some agencies by searching from google and they will tell me prices.
Nov 5th, 2019, 03:44 PM

Suggest buying a good guidebook. You might take a look at Lonely Planet's forum as well, not many travelers here go to Central Asia.
Nov 5th, 2019, 06:45 PM

At the top go to "view by country" and drop down till you see Turkmenistan. From there you can see what posts are here.
Good luck.
Larry,
Nov 6th, 2019, 06:27 PM

I used Travel Notoria for Turkmenistan and highly recommend them. See my TR here: https://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntr...notoria?page=2
Nov 8th, 2019, 06:48 AM
Original Poster

Dear all as I look this Notoria it is not the Turkmenistan travel agency I can't find their address and so if I search google for local agencies I can't find it, for now, I contacted with some agencies from google search I hope I will stay on one of them after their response to my e-mails.
Nov 8th, 2019, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by traveler5154 View Post
Dear all as I look this Notoria it is not the Turkmenistan travel agency I can't find their address and so if I search google for local agencies I can't find it, for now, I contacted with some agencies from google search I hope I will stay on one of them after their response to my e-mails.
Huh? Type "Travel Notoria" into Google and it's literally the first hit that comes up. Travel agent in Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan for tours and trips
Nov 8th, 2019, 09:50 AM
Original Poster

Yes, I get this first but when I type Turkmenistan travel agency I can't find it on the first page so I think it is not so popular but thanks for suggestions. For now, I have a reply from Trawelco Turkmenistan travel agency is there anybody who travel with this agency ?
Nov 9th, 2019, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by traveler5154 View Post
Yes, I get this first but when I type Turkmenistan travel agency I can't find it on the first page so I think it is not so popular but thanks for suggestions. For now, I have a reply from Trawelco Turkmenistan travel agency is there anybody who travel with this agency ?
If you google Travel Notoria, you will see it mentioned in a number of blogs and trip reports (e.g. my own TR: https://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntr...travel-notoria, as well as this excellent photographer's report: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip...kmenistan.html ). I assure you that it's legit operation.

I doubt there are many (if any) people on here who have been to Turkmenistan, so you're not going to get a whole lot of feedback on agencies here.
Nov 9th, 2019, 11:43 PM
Original Poster

Trip to turkmenistan

Thanks for this link . It was really great trip report . I hope our visa application will not be rejected because on his new zeeland pasport it was rejected. The agencies told me that for italian tourist it is not rejected. So we will send forms in several months before the trip .