Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   Trying To Decide Between These 2 Hotels In Singapore (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/trying-to-decide-between-these-2-hotels-in-singapore-1026029/)

iamles Sep 21st, 2014 10:41 AM

Trying To Decide Between These 2 Hotels In Singapore

I'm trying to decide between the Fairmont and Parkroyal on Pickering. The Fairmont has been recommended on the Asia forum and I was wondering if anyone is familiar with the Parkroyal?

Kathie Sep 21st, 2014 11:37 AM

I don't know the Parkroyal, but I love the Fairmont!

iamles Sep 21st, 2014 09:16 PM

Thanks for your reply, Kathy :)

Guenmai Sep 22nd, 2014 01:21 AM

I also don't know the Parkroyal, but love the Fairmont as that's my definite pick in that price category.

Happy Travels!

iamles Sep 22nd, 2014 06:06 AM

Decision made: for just about the same price, the buffet breakfast is included so I've chosen the Parkroyal on Pickering.

I'll report back in November once we've returned home.

cwn Sep 22nd, 2014 10:49 AM

Please do as we have reservations there next spring. Got a nice deal on a club room...better price than other hotels mentioned here.

AskOksena Sep 22nd, 2014 03:03 PM

Warm Singapore morning greetings to you, iamles, and congratulations on forthcoming Parkroyal stay.

Mind you, have never personally stayed overnight at the Parkroyal (before purchasing a residence in SIN, the Four Seasons was my primary Singapore business travel hotel); will say, every Parkroyal visit to date for dining, libations, receptions: most satisfactory.

And, for cwn, well done on procuring Orchid Club Lounge access; the Parkroyal has always had a favourable reputation for the value of its Lounge entitlements and views. My brief Lounge visits for small receptions and meetings, most enjoyable.

Enjoy your stay in our city-state,

macintosh (robert)

... Singapore Airlines, You're a Great Way to Fly ...

cwn Sep 22nd, 2014 05:58 PM

Thanks Robert...nice to know.

Looking forward to some time in Singapore!

iamles Sep 22nd, 2014 08:12 PM

Thank you Robert!

galactus Sep 22nd, 2014 11:27 PM

Fairmont between the two by a long shot. The only worthy Parkroyal in Singapore is the Beach Road one for its sheer value for money.

iamles Sep 23rd, 2014 11:08 AM

Hi galactus,
Thanks for your reply. Would you mind telling me why you don't recommend the Parkroyal on Pickering?

galactus Sep 24th, 2014 02:56 AM

It is not that I do not recommend the Pickering one, I am not a fan of the Kitchener Road Parkroyal and so I tend to avoid them. The Fairmont on the other hand is a pretty good business-like hotel.

iamles Sep 24th, 2014 04:24 AM

Thanks again, galactus.

iamles Sep 25th, 2014 06:07 PM

Update...

Well, I won't be reporting on the Parkroyal after all! Considering that we'll only spend 1 night before flying to Bali, I decided to save some money and booked the Swissotel Merchant Court. The location is good. We won't be spending time in the room anyway.

Besides, we received a really good upgrade offer from United the other day and couldn't resist flying Business instead of Economy to Bejing, all the way from Florida. Now that's what I call money well spent :)