Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page > Trouble finding hotel rooms in Tokyo (Asakusa) for April 2012
Notices

Trouble finding hotel rooms in Tokyo (Asakusa) for April 2012

Oct 13th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Original Poster

Trouble finding hotel rooms in Tokyo (Asakusa) for April 2012

Does anyone know why so many hotels are fully booked six months in advance in the Asakusa area of Tokyo? We are looking at April 16-20, 2012 and it does not appear that there are any Japanese holidays. But when I try to book on any number of websites (Expedia, Agoda, etc.), I'm told there are no rooms. The same thing has been happening when trying to book rooms in Kyoto 10 days later. I thought tourists were avoiding Japan and that the hotels would be wide open...and even offering better prices. Apparently I was wrong.

If we don't stay in the Asakusa area, is there any other area (not too glitzy and noisy) that anybody would recommend? We don't want to spend more than $200 per night.
Oct 13th, 2011, 07:01 PM

Hmmm... Cherry Blossoms? Is April too late for that?
Oct 13th, 2011, 07:02 PM

Often, it's simply that the hotels haven't opened up the rooms yet for reservations on websites.
Oct 13th, 2011, 07:04 PM

Yes. I would say you are way too early.
Oct 13th, 2011, 07:06 PM

I don't know about Expedia or Agoda but many Japanese hotels don't take reservations more than 90 days in advance.....sometimes if you email them directly you might be able to get a reservation but it is a bit early.....
Oct 20th, 2011, 09:01 AM

I can recommend this hotel: http://www.ezchoicehotels.com/hotel-...amatsucho.html
Clean, not expensive, in the center (5 min. from Tokyo Station by Yamanote loop line).

Search this Thread