i'm planning on flying to Kuching for a 10-day trip to Sarawak, going north, doing some trips upriver, stay at longhouses and visit Niah/Mulu caves. (i hope i can make it in such a time frame!)
after that (on the 11th/12th day) is it practical to fly out from Brunei which seem closer on the map, instead of returning to Kuching?
or perhaps do this trip in oposite way, so fly in to Brunei and out from Kuching .
previous postings mention that road transport is slow and difficult up there.
after Sarawak i'm going to Singapore, so the budget choise of flying out seems to be Kuching. Miri seems not (which is also near Mulu) and i'd avoid an extra flight Miri -KK / Kuching because i 'll have so many flights already, so better do that overland, from Mulu to exit point.
i hope this question is not very complicated! what do you suggest?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Miyajima Island
- 2 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 3 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 4 What to do with a Layover in Taipei?
- 5 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 6 Trip to India Feb 1-18
- 7 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 8 Vientiane to LP December
- 9 Solo or group tour for first trip to India?
- 10 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 11 Safest beach area for solo female in Sri Lanka
- 12 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 13 Wat Arun
- 14 Vietnam April 5 - 16
- 15 Hotel in Vientiane 18-24 December
- 16 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 17 How to travel from Narita airport to Kawaguchiko
- 18 Prelim itinerary Java, Bali
- 19 5 days in Singapore
- 20 ONLY 3 DAYS in BEIJING -BEST THINGS TO DO?
- 21 Shanghai in January
- 22 24hrs in Seoul on Christmas..what to do
- 23 Myanmar tour companies
- 24 Luang Prabang for Christmas which Hotel?
- 25 Recommended drivers in Sri Lanka