My husband has offered to take me to Borneo to see orangutans for my 40th birthday. This is a lifelong dream!
I'd love to hear from any of you who have been to Borneo to see orangutans. Tours seem to very greatly from an incredible (and incredibly expensive) tour with Dr. Galdikas herself, to the extremely rustic sleeping on boat decks on mats with mosquito nets (and no guarantees of sightings).
There's a lot to choose from! I love the Galdikas trip, and know it will be mind blowing, but the price tag scares me. I want to know that I will see orangutans close up and possibly have some sort of interaction with them.
We'd also love to spend a little time snorkeling in Borneo before we head back to the states.
I welcome your thoughts!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Racism danger in Cambodia?
- 2 Unique Map & Guide to Tokyo
- 3 Vietnam in January
- 4 Halong Bay overnight boat tour or Bai Tu Long Bay overnight boat Tour
- 5 Hotel in Hanoi
- 6 Mekong delta bike tour
- 7 Restaurants in Bangkok
- 8 Please help! Planning honeymoon in Malaysia!
- 9 altenratives to Chiang Mai for "northen Thailand experience"
- 10 8 Days in Bali
- 11 two health related questions
- 12 Princess Cruise
- 13 Best day trip from Phuket
- 14 Malaysia to Thailand Visa (Algerian Passport Holder)
- 15 Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar or Thailand?
- 16 Lombok, Indonesia on 24/12/17 to 30/12/17
- 17 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 18 Kata Beach
- 19 Sulawesi
- 20 meow?
- 21 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 22 Help me plan my honeymoon! 7.5 days in Japan
- 23 First time to Japan (This Month)
- 24 Phuket
- 25 MUMBAI FOR TWO DAYS