i will arrive in Tokyo on 8th October , 7pm, but I would like to visit Takayama. Is it best to stay the night at Tokyo and get the bus or train next day to Takayama? Or alternatively take bus/train to Nagoya/Gifu and stay a night there and go there next day.
The problem is it is Takayama festival next day - 9th-10th October, so will it be too packed and busy to get into Takayama if I go next day. Is it better to take nightbus from Tokyo to Takayama that night I arrive?
How busy is the festival?
Many thanks if you could help
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 https://www.oralhealthplus.com/grs-ultra/
- 2 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 3 Solo or group tour for first trip to India?
- 4 Hotel in Vientiane 18-24 December
- 5 Trip to India Feb 1-18
- 6 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 7 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 8 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 9 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 10 Vietnam April 5 - 16
- 11 How to travel from Narita airport to Kawaguchiko
- 12 Vientiane to LP December
- 13 Prelim itinerary Java, Bali
- 14 5 days in Singapore
- 15 ONLY 3 DAYS in BEIJING -BEST THINGS TO DO?
- 16 What to do with a Layover in Taipei?
- 17 Shanghai in January
- 18 24hrs in Seoul on Christmas..what to do
- 19 Myanmar tour companies
- 20 Luang Prabang for Christmas which Hotel?
- 21 Recommended drivers in Sri Lanka
- 22 Top Things to do in Amazing Bali - Travel Report
- 23 Advice On 15 Day Trip To Taiwan, Vietnam & Laos?
- 24 We did it! -4 weeks of independent travel in China - a detailed report
- 25 look for resort suggestions for Phuket and/or Ko Samui areas
Travelling to Takayama from Tokyo during Takayama festival