Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Travelling to Bankok/phuket in February. Any suggestions please...

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 12:27 AM
Adam

Hi my wife and I will be taking a trip with a few other couples in march we are staying in Bankok 4 days at indra Regent then 6 daYS IN phuket at Andaman seaview hotel then back to bankok for 2 days at the Narai<BR>has anyone stayed at these motels if so are they ok? any other info appreciated.<BR><BR>

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 01:01 AM
spelling

It's Bangkok, Adam.

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 04:45 AM
Eric

With all the smog and traffic Bangkok is a 3 day maximum vacation spot, recomend more time in Phuket, less in Bangkok!

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 06:03 AM
philip

While on Phuket, make plans to take a day trip to the Phi Phi Islands. Several company's run speed boat tours.<BR><BR>For dinner, try Baan Rim Pa in Patong. Great food and view.

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 06:15 AM
lisa

Adam: I posted a trip report here which I will try to find and bring to the top for you -- lots of suggestions on Bangkok.

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 06:02 AM
Julie

Whilst in Bankok go to the Rose Gardens they are a cultural venue that shows you all crafts, dancing and life of Thailand. Also go to Daman Sudec floating market, it is early in the morning but worth the effort. Bankok is a good place to stay and there is enough to do for at least a week, dont miss it.