Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report

Jun 24th, 2017, 06:15 PM
Original Poster
Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report

Hi All,

I recently traveled overland (and inland sea) from Turkey to China. I have posted full reports broken down into different posts on my blog at including useful VISA information and details about how to travel in Central Asia. Hope it can be of use to anyone wishing to travel this magical route.

Here is an example from Ashgabat, the strange capital of reclusive Turkmenistan:

Best regards,

Jun 25th, 2017, 05:07 AM
Welcome to Fodors. Must have been a great trip, however people here generally prefer to read trip reports ON this site. When you join and just post links to your own blog, it looks like you are mostly interested in driving traffic to your site, rather than interacting here.
Jul 24th, 2017, 06:20 PM
Thursday and others, even if you haven't made it to Azerbaijan (I haven't and am unlikely to) you may find these selections interesting -

(see especially the recommendations by de Waal and Hasan-Zadeh for Ali and Nino by 'Kurban Said' and the story behind it; in his afterword to The Overlook Press 2013 paperback edition Paul Theroux refers to a fascinating article in The New Yorker of October 1999 in which the reporter Tom Reiss described his quest for the real Kurban Said)
Sep 12th, 2017, 02:49 PM
I searched Fodor's for "Ali Und Nino" as I am interested in the book. Anybody read it?

Nobody knows for sure who the author is, still disputed.
Feb 9th, 2018, 08:31 AM
Fascinating Reading, Thanks SteveRohan1981
I like the link to the blogpost, and you can find other items there that are useful. THanks
Feb 22nd, 2018, 04:36 AM
I found this fascinating. You are one brave person. Wonder how the trip would be different if you were a woman ttaveling.

Search this Thread