Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page > Travelling in Philippines. Cebu to Oslob
Notices

Travelling in Philippines. Cebu to Oslob

Jan 29th, 2016, 01:46 AM
Original Poster

Travelling in Philippines. Cebu to Oslob

Hi All,

I am travelling to Philippines in August. I plan to fly from Manila to Cebu and use this as a place to travel from. I have looked into the return boat to Bohol and return bus to Oslob. Last stop will be Boracay which i plan to fly to.

Does anyone know if its possible to get from Oslob to Bohol without going via Cebu ? Any information on Bohol or Oslob would be great also.

Thanks,

Nicola.
Jan 29th, 2016, 06:31 AM

I think you'll be happy that you decided to use Cebu as your base. It's easier to get around from there (traffic, while bad, is not nearly as bad as in Manila).

The ferries from Cebu City to Tagbilaran are comfortable and well run. Unfortunately, I don't know if there are any other routes. I'd inquire with a Filipino travel agent once you arrive in Cebu. It should be easy to find out if you can get closer to Bohol from the southern end of Cebu.

When you go to Boracay, be sure to fly to Caticlan. It's a very long trip from Kalibo to the ferries to Boracay. I've flown on Cebu Pacific (and it's now easier to book tickets through their web site), but be sure to pay for any checked luggage in advance because it's hugely expensive if you wait. They are strict on luggage, so you won't be able to fudge it. PAL probably also flies this route, too, and it's likely a bit more expensive but may be more comfortable. But all the planes to Caticlan are small. Then you have to get to the port and then to your ferry to Boracay. If you stay at the Shangri-La, which is fabulous, but particularly expensive, they'll give you private transportation all the way from the airport to the hotel
Feb 1st, 2016, 03:55 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much for your detailed response. That is great to known which airport to fly to as I was pricing flights to Kalibo. I will also bare in mind the luggage. Thank you.

Search this Thread