Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page > Traveller-guru packing list? clothing?
Notices

Traveller-guru packing list? clothing?

Oct 7th, 2005, 01:08 PM
Original Poster

Traveller-guru packing list? clothing?

T minus 4! i am realizing how little preparation i have done not to mention packing for my 7 days in nepal! does anyone use a packing list for 3rd world travels that you might donate? i most likely will not be able to do any treks -- at most maybe 1 day.

for those of you that have been to KTM, what do you think of just buying my clothing there? any suggestions for lodging in patan/lalitpur? how much cash should i carry for 7days?
Oct 7th, 2005, 07:16 PM

have not been there yet but my immediate impression is that in most asian destinations you will be far bigger than most asians and thus can't find anything to fit you????????????
Oct 7th, 2005, 07:17 PM

i am guessing that from your name that you many be asian so that changes my answer above...but i still think it is risky...why would you do it anyways...
Oct 8th, 2005, 10:55 PM

in places like japan, hk, singapre, malaysia or thailand. I'd consider buyng some of my clothes there since there are many modorn malls and western shyle deparment stores. most places have fitting rooms and the sales people willl hem your pants for free. but I get the feeling KTM willl just offer local markets which willl involve anoying bartering, you may not be able too try out the clothes, and the quality may be crappy. If you have custom clothes made that will take 1 day pluss..

RHKNK....
thats what I love about asia. all the clothes fit me. I don't have too go too marshals and pick from a pair of lime green pants, and a really nice pair of pants that after close inspection are size 40 (someone just threw them in the size 30 section.

Search this Thread