Hoping you can provide some insight into travel while in Japan. I've been reading some information on the Japan Guide which is super helpful, but want to get confirmation on my readings as I think thats always a good idea and there is a lot of information! We are looking for the fasting transportation options for the following:
-Tokyo to Hakone
-Hakone to Kyoto
-Kyoto to Tokyo
Tokyo to Hakone:
From what I can tell, we will need to do the Odakyu (http://www.odakyu.jp/) - is this accurate?
Hakone to Kyoto:
*Still looking into this
Kyoto to Tokyo:
Shinkansen (bullet train)
A few questions:
1) Would you recommend purchasing online before we depart US for Japan? Or should we be fine waiting until we arrive in Japan to purchase?
2) Would you recommend reserved vs. non-reserved, and also any recommendation around ordinary car seating vs. green car seating?
3) Any other tips?
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Solo or group tour for first trip to India?
- 2 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 3 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 4 Safest beach area for solo female in Sri Lanka
- 5 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 6 Wat Arun
- 7 Vietnam April 5 - 16
- 8 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 9 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 10 Hotel in Vientiane 18-24 December
- 11 Trip to India Feb 1-18
- 12 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 13 How to travel from Narita airport to Kawaguchiko
- 14 Vientiane to LP December
- 15 Prelim itinerary Java, Bali
- 16 5 days in Singapore
- 17 ONLY 3 DAYS in BEIJING -BEST THINGS TO DO?
- 18 What to do with a Layover in Taipei?
- 19 Shanghai in January
- 20 24hrs in Seoul on Christmas..what to do
- 21 Myanmar tour companies
- 22 Luang Prabang for Christmas which Hotel?
- 23 Recommended drivers in Sri Lanka
- 24 Top Things to do in Amazing Bali - Travel Report
- 25 Advice On 15 Day Trip To Taiwan, Vietnam & Laos?