Hoping you can provide some insight into travel while in Japan. I've been reading some information on the Japan Guide which is super helpful, but want to get confirmation on my readings as I think thats always a good idea and there is a lot of information! We are looking for the fasting transportation options for the following:
-Tokyo to Hakone
-Hakone to Kyoto
-Kyoto to Tokyo
Tokyo to Hakone:
From what I can tell, we will need to do the Odakyu (http://www.odakyu.jp/) - is this accurate?
Hakone to Kyoto:
*Still looking into this
Kyoto to Tokyo:
Shinkansen (bullet train)
A few questions:
1) Would you recommend purchasing online before we depart US for Japan? Or should we be fine waiting until we arrive in Japan to purchase?
2) Would you recommend reserved vs. non-reserved, and also any recommendation around ordinary car seating vs. green car seating?
3) Any other tips?
Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Cowboys vs Chargers,Giants vs Redskins
- 2 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 3 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 4 best way to travel between Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and Siem Reap, Cambodia
- 5 Best guidebooks for SE Asia
- 6 Question re. fees at BOM
- 7 Spa Bangkok
- 8 Internet in SE Asia
- 9 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 10 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 11 Using a Starling Bank card in SE Asia
- 12 cooking school in Chiang Mai?
- 13 Anti Malarial tablets in SE Asia
- 14 need your help with japan itinerary
- 15 Japan in July with 20 year old
- 16 Hotel in Vang Vieng
- 17 A comprehensive guide for tourists visiting North Goa
- 18 4 DAYS in KERALA...
- 19 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 20 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 21 Travel options from Negombo to Mirissa
- 22 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 23 Skiing in Japan - need advice
- 24 MUMBAI FOR TWO DAYS
- 25 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai