My partner and are are currently on a world tour and are in the process of applying for visa's for Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan with a view to visit these countries late June, early July.
Turkmenistan will be travelled on a Transit visa so we won't have much time there, our route is Turkmenbashi, Ashgabat, Darvaza Gas Craters, Konye Urgench.
In Uzbekistan our route is Nukus, Aral Sea, Khiva, Bukhara, Samarkand.
Keen to understand if our destinations of choice are worth visiting or are we missing something, would love recommendations on things to do, places to stay and any good advice for travelling in these countries.
In addition we are looking for two other people who may also be keen to do a tour to Darvaza Gas Craters and Aral Sea (appreciate a messy question when we aren't able to give dates for the tour yet)
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 AOL 1~800~681:7208 Password Reset Contact AOL Tec*h care
- 2 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 3 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 4 two health related questions
- 5 Japan escorted
- 6 Princess Cruise
- 7 Looking for advice on first-time Hong Kong trip
- 8 Please Help First-Timers to India!
- 9 Junk boat cruise-halong Bay,VNam
- 10 Mongolia - Blue Silk Travel
- 11 Nha Trang,Vn taxi
- 12 4 nights in Himalayas - Bhutan,Nepal, India?
- 13 Bago or Golden rock
- 14 Bangkok
- 15 Sri Lanka compared to southern India, which do you prefer?
- 16 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 17 Please help! Planning honeymoon in Malaysia!
- 18 HELP WITH JAPAN ITINERARY FOR MARCH
- 19 altenratives to Chiang Mai for "northen Thailand experience"
- 20 Restaurants in Bangkok
- 21 Food for thought- Restaurant suggestions for India Feb 1-18
- 22 Need some info on travelling to Malaysia?
- 23 Unique Map & Guide to Tokyo
- 24 Sulawesi
- 25 Racism danger in Cambodia?