travel Koh Yao Yai to Krabi

Mar 11th, 2018, 07:46 AM
Original Poster

travel Koh Yao Yai to Krabi

We are staying in Koh Yao Yai for a few days, and then in Krabi for a few days, and I am trying to find the easiest way to travel without going all the way to Phuket and then the long drive. Is there a ferry service or private boat rental that we could use? Thank you for any tips!!
Mar 11th, 2018, 02:15 PM

We have sailed in the area and it’s a really short distance, speak to your accommodation on KYY as arranging a long tail for a private hire should not be a problem.

whilst on KYY also hire long tails to get to some of the islands in the NE corner of Phang Nga bay which are like Koh Phi Phi was 30 years ago and not the diabolical tourist trap it has become. If you PM me, just Iike the film “The Beach” I’ll give you the specific locations which we sailed to. Very few tourists venture here and it is stunning.
Mar 17th, 2018, 08:32 AM

you can take the morning public boat at 07:20 to Tha Len (aka Thalane). then the only practical way to get to the Rayavadee would be to have a private transfer car waiting for you at the pier to take you to Ao Nang. costing 800 baht. Your hotel desk on Koh Yao could arrange this a couple days in advance, or you could book it yourself with Krabi Shuttle krabishuttle dot com. From Ao Nang for 200 baht you need to take a longtail boat to Railay.

Search this Thread