Notices

Travel Itenary

Jun 30th, 2016, 12:35 PM
Original Poster

Travel Itenary

Hi all,

I am travelling with my girlfriend to Indonesia and Vietnam for 5 weeks leaving in 3 weeks time.

I wanted to get some advice around my 1st section. My original flight goes into Jakarta although I don't plan on staying here. So I was thinking:
Fly to Lombok, stay in senaru visit the waterfalls and maybe the volcano
Ferry to Gilli T
Ferry and land travel to Ubud
Few days in seminyak and visit ulu watu before flying on.

What are your views on this iteniary? Has anyone got any advice about travel, accommodation and activities? I also really like the idea of the diving the shipwreck in tulamben is it worth fitting this in?

Thanks

Owen
Jun 30th, 2016, 01:29 PM

How many nights do you plan on staying in each place? That will give us more info on which to comment. So far, your itinerary looks ok.

Travel: Flying to Lombok from Jakarta is a good move (as is getting out of Jakarta as soon as possible). The day you move from Gilli T to Ubud will take all day. I expect you will want to hire a car and driver for a couple of days on Bali - there is much to see.

Lots of reasonably priced accommodation easily booked online at the usual websites: agoda.com, booking.com, etc. You have given us no information about your budget or what you require in terms of accommodation, so it's hard to make any recommendations.

I'm not a diver, so cannot give you feedback about the shipwreck.

Bali is magical - enjoy!
Jul 1st, 2016, 08:16 PM

How much time do you want to spend in Vietnam? And how much in Indonesia. The places you intend to visit in Indonesia are ok, but which transportation will you use for this itinerary? Regarding Vietnam, if you want to spend 10-15 in Vietnam, I find that the itinerary suggested by chantungsinz is quite ok.

Search this Thread