I'm wondering if any of you have used a travel agent or worked with guides within Indonesia to help plan your trip. I have a limited amount of time- a little less than 3 weeks and i'm having a difficult time figuring out where to go.
Aside from spending close to a week in Bali, we know we want to spend about 3 days at Yogykarta to see Borobudor and some other temples...but after that we'd really like to experience some interesting culture and see some wildlife...
so the Tana Toraja in Sulawesi?
or to see the orangutans in the wild? I've been trying to research this and a lot of articles recommend not going to the sanctuaries but to spend a few days in the jungle instead. If so- in Borneo or Sumatra? i've read that Borneo has suffered much from deforestation.
Does anyone have any recommends? Or if you can recommend a great travel agent to help plan? (that is- if they are worth it!)
thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 2 Travel options from Negombo to Mirissa
- 3 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 4 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 5 Vietnam April 5 - 16
- 6 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 7 Trip to India Feb 1-18
- 8 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 9 PNG : Plumed, primal, proud...
- 10 Wat Arun
- 11 Solo or group tour for first trip to India?
- 12 Miyajima Island
- 13 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 14 What to do with a Layover in Taipei?
- 15 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 16 Vientiane to LP December
- 17 Safest beach area for solo female in Sri Lanka
- 18 Hotel in Vientiane 18-24 December
- 19 How to travel from Narita airport to Kawaguchiko
- 20 Prelim itinerary Java, Bali
- 21 5 days in Singapore
- 22 ONLY 3 DAYS in BEIJING -BEST THINGS TO DO?
- 23 Shanghai in January
- 24 24hrs in Seoul on Christmas..what to do
- 25 Myanmar tour companies