Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Asia (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/)
-   -   tour to China (https://www.fodors.com/community/asia/tour-to-china-285215/)

marywhitcomb Feb 5th, 2003 06:23 PM

tour to China

Hi. I am looking for advice for a 13-19 day tour to China and am interested in your experiences.<BR><BR>I want some of the &quot;standard&quot;--Bejing, Xian, Yangtze River Cruise, Shanghai, Hong Kong, maybe Guilin and others.<BR><BR>I am thinking of Pacific Delight Tours--anyone have experience with them?<BR><BR>Also there are lots of variations on this--particularly the Yangtze cruise--there is downstream, upstream, and starting and stopping at various cities.<BR><BR>I am thinking of going in October and welcome any advice.

felicia Feb 6th, 2003 05:15 AM

I am booked on the 19 day Pacific Delight Tour on April 12th (The Classic Yangtze River). I have no problem with group regimentation and feel that for the first time in a region, it gives you a great overview. I have travelled both in groups and independently all over and I find that both kinds of travel have their benefits and downsides. I'll post a report when I return after april 30th.<BR>Felicia

Jed Feb 6th, 2003 07:48 AM

We went with Uniworld on a 22 day trip including the above and Tibet. It was very good and would recommend it, although the group was too large. You can see my report, &quot;road to hong kong.&quot;<BR>We picked Uniworld rather than PDT because they had the itinerary we wanted.

marywhitcomb Feb 6th, 2003 03:54 PM

Felicia--that is exactly the tour I am interested in. Can you email me when you return ([email protected]) and let me know how you liked it and any tips? Thanks!

LEANNA Feb 7th, 2003 04:40 AM

I did a PD tour of China last April/ May and it was perfection. We had a group of 9 w/ Lee as our tour guide and he was just fantastic. I cannot say enough good stuff about our tour...hotels, meals, sites, just the right amount of shopping.....a really great tour and an amazing life experience. I thought about Uniworld....but decided on a Chinese Company.....glad I did!!!

monica_pileggi Feb 11th, 2003 01:56 PM

I'm going to China in May and if interested, you can email me when I return. I'm going with SmarTours and can provide you with information from my trip.<BR><BR>Monica<BR>[email protected]<BR>

rfbk50 Aug 3rd, 2003 12:55 PM

I'm new to these boards. Are you able to e-mail a specific person from the messages posted? I was scheduled on the same tour as &quot;felicia&quot; but postponed it until Sept. 8th. I was wondering if &quot;felicia&quot; has rescheduled also. Our new tour only has 11 people so far on it, and there are three in our group.

felicia Aug 3rd, 2003 03:46 PM

Hello! Yes, I did rescedule for October 6th and I am really looking forward to it. As we speak, my passport is back with Pacific Delight for a new visa (there is a slight chance that I won't be charged again, but it not, oh well). If you would like to e-mail me directly, my e-mail address is [email protected]. I have a great travel agent and she will let me know how many people will be in the group. I hope the group will be 10-12 people.