I saw that this has been discussed before--
Which is great but my plan is slightly different. I have to rise early for a number of reasons and so will be taking an early train out at 0645 instead to arrive in Matsumoto at 0930 (if rush hour is a problem--will it be? I mean these are long-distance trains, not the subway--I might take the bus, same length of travel time to arrive around 0935). And then later in the PM I plan to take the bus to Takayama, preferably at 1400 but I can be pushed for the one at 1600 (I'd like to take the bus with at least one daylight hour to spare as I heard it's a beautiful route). I imagine I've got about 3.5 to 4h in Matsumoto. Would this be enough to see the Castle? Is the Matsumoto-Takayama route really that scenic (because if it's missable, I can take a later bus)? The alternative would be to spend a night in Matsumoto, but I don't think I can be convinced that it would be worth it.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 AOL EMAIL ☎ 1~888~406:4114 Password Reset Contact Now ☎ AOL Tec*h CALL.☎M3*
- 2 altenratives to Chiang Mai for "northen Thailand experience"
- 3 Unique Map & Guide to Tokyo
- 4 21 Days in Sri Lanka - need some contacts and pointers
- 5 Food for thought- Restaurant suggestions for India Feb 1-18
- 6 Please help! Planning honeymoon in Malaysia!
- 7 Restaurants in Bangkok
- 8 Sulawesi
- 9 Racism danger in Cambodia?
- 10 8 Days in Bali
- 11 two health related questions
- 12 Princess Cruise
- 13 Best day trip from Phuket
- 14 Malaysia to Thailand Visa (Algerian Passport Holder)
- 15 Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar or Thailand?
- 16 Lombok, Indonesia on 24/12/17 to 30/12/17
- 17 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 18 Kata Beach
- 19 meow?
- 20 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 21 Help me plan my honeymoon! 7.5 days in Japan
- 22 First time to Japan (This Month)
- 23 Phuket
- 24 MUMBAI FOR TWO DAYS
- 25 Bangkok - Suggestions ??