Tokyo Hotel - Grand Hyatt

Oct 24th, 2005, 01:25 PM
Original Poster

Tokyo Hotel - Grand Hyatt

We will be spending two nights in Tokyo and are looking into hotels. It appears the Grand Hyatt is in a quality hotel in a good location. Is this accurate or would you recommend a different hotel? Thanks.
Oct 24th, 2005, 01:47 PM

Accurate. The big name Tokyo hotels are all in fine locations. As sightseeing and shopping spots are scattered about the city, you won't find a "centrally located" hotel, but trains, subway and taxi are both easy to use to get anywhere you want to go.

If you wanted to look elsewhere, the newly opened Conrad Tokyo is getting rave reviews. The Imperial Hotel and Seiyo Ginza are a couply of others. There are really many, many gorgeous hotels in Tokyo. It's hard to go wrong, really, in the luxury class.
Oct 24th, 2005, 02:55 PM
emd

Westin Ebisu is very very nice. It is 10 yrs old but looks brand new in all areas and in the rooms. Actually it is the best hotel I've ever stayed at anywhere for service, interior beauty, room layout and style, club level and the incredible Japanese and American style breakfast buffet in the restaurant that goes with staying on the club level as well as free drinks (meaning wine and hard alcohol) and appetizer's that are free in the club lounge each night- and it is on the JR Yamonate line in Western Tokyo (about a 7 min. walk in a nice new clean covered moving walkway btwn the hotel and the JR station). Incredibly good views of Tokyo from the upper floors, where you stay if you are on that great club level....I can't wait to go back in a few months.
Oct 24th, 2005, 05:39 PM

I had a fabulous 4 nights at the Grand Hyatt Tokyo earlier this year.

Accomodations and service were flawless, excellent location handy to subway access, great food and shopping of all sorts in the adjacent Roppongi Hills complex and local food just down the block.

It's not the cheapest game in town, but well worth the money, IMHO.

I spent my last night in Tokyo at the Park Hyatt - wow! But I wouldn't have wanted to spend my entire stay there as it's a bit removed from the areas that I was seeing.
Oct 25th, 2005, 09:14 AM
mjs

I agree that Tokyo has many world class hotels. I have visited several but until recently have not had a need for a hotel in Tokyo. The tripadvisor may be helpful to you. We did stay at the Westin Ebisu last year and I can tell you from personal experience that it is one of the best large hotels I have ever stayed at. I am fortunate in being able to stay in nice hotels, have stayed at many of which are in the Conde Nast top 500 and was impressed by the Westin. The Grand Hyatt probably is also excellent.