To Fodor's forum supervisor

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27th, 2005, 08:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a suggestion, regarding all the forums: in the left part of the screen, where the list of all messages is displayed, it will be better in IMHO that the cursor will not include "Change forum" box.
In this way, you can browse the title of all 50 messages and in the same screen to Change Forum easily.

I do not know if somebody else thinks that this will make an improvement, but maybe you can take this in consideration.

Thank you.
Old Oct 27th, 2005, 09:50 AM

I'm not understanding the proposed change.

If we don't have a "change forum" box, how do we change forums, as suggested in the second paragraph?

Am I missing something?
Old Oct 27th, 2005, 10:21 AM

hit talk at the top and select from there
Old Oct 27th, 2005, 11:03 AM
emd

I don't understand your post, but there is a new "NEws and Announcements" forum on here where you can post suggestions and an editor reads them. Or you can email the editors - go to the FAQ section of travel talk and there is a link ("How do I get in touch w/Fodors?&quotto email them.
Old Oct 27th, 2005, 11:41 AM

Received 33 Likes on 2 Posts
I believe the suggestion is for the "change forum box" not to scroll off the screen when you scroll down on the titles of the messages. The "change forum" option should be visible at all times, even after scrolling down on the messages. So it should be separate, not part of the message scrolling area.
Old Oct 27th, 2005, 11:56 AM
Original Poster

Thank you, Althom1122, you understood me perfectly.
Maybe I did not know to explain well, or this was because my English, but it is exactly what I wanted: to see --- Change Forum -- box always.
Old Oct 27th, 2005, 12:10 PM

That's a good suggestion.

If you are scrolled down on the thread list you can jump back to the top by clicking on the forum name and it reloads the all the forum frames. Then the change forum dropdown menu will be in view.

It's above the "Post a New Message" optiobn and below the black oval with the white "Fodor's". Click on "asia" and see it reload, then select from the "change forum" list. That location would be a good one for placing the whole change forum list.
Old Apr 17th, 2006, 09:15 AM

Is there a way to contact the "Talk" forum editor(s)? I was wondering if there is a way to alert the editors when there are "trolls" and other offensive, irrational, unhelpful posters? I know you folks weed through things regularly, but it may be easier and more efficient if matters were brought to your attention a.s.a.p. Just a suggestion. I've been dismayed to see interesting, legitimate posts weighed down/clogged up by these trolls. They can be so persistent.
Old Apr 17th, 2006, 12:37 PM

Click on 'email this thread' at the bottom of the page and email '[email protected]' - there is a form for you to fill in in which you can explain the problem etc.
BB