Search

Montien bkk and Koh Lanta

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24th, 2006, 05:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Montien bkk and Koh Lanta

Hello,
We are still deciding on a hotel, can anyone tell me if they have stayed at the Montien and what they thought?
It seems the more I read the more places I want to go to and not enough time!
Has anyone been to Koh Lanta and what are their thoughts on it compared to Phuket, I realize it is alot quieter but we thought we would go to both. Are the beaches comparable?
Thanks for the info on flights from Bkk to Siem Reap, we have decided not to go by bus and to fly instead!
Old Sep 24th, 2006, 06:01 PM

there are two montiens in bkk, one on the river and one at patpong
Old Sep 25th, 2006, 04:12 AM

I have stayed at the Montien Bangkok which is located at Patpong. I have always preferred this hotel as it has an MRT station outside and the skytrain station is one block away. It is quite central to most tourist venues. the staff are really good and the rooms are comfortable.
Old Sep 25th, 2006, 01:01 PM
Original Poster

rhkkmk
I was thinking of the Montien on the river but the other one sounds like a possibility too. Do you know which one would be better? From what I have read everyone seems to recommend hotels on the river. If anyone has any other suggestions I am open, we were looking to pay around $80-90 us.
Any info on Koh Lanta? Thanks
Old Sep 25th, 2006, 03:08 PM

We stayed recently at the Montien Patpong and were very happy with it. I agree with Kingbonza's assessment. Yes lots of people do recommend staying on the river and that certainly would be a lovely experience . I don't know the Montien Riverside but there are quite a few comments that it is not conveniently situated for getting around. Bob and others on this post speak highly of the Marriott.
Old Sep 25th, 2006, 06:42 PM

The Montien Riverside is on a big busy street south of the city. It seems to be used mostly by tour groups and locals. Hard to get a taxi there, although they do have a free shuttle bus to the Suriwonge property, where you can get a train or taxi easily. There is almost nothing in the area, so one might feel a little trapped at night.
Old Sep 26th, 2006, 05:10 AM

Koh lanta is very different from Phuket. It is far far quieter, a very nice island, not so easy to get to, you need to fly to krabi Airport and then several hours down the coast and a boat/ferry trip. Koh Lanta is for quiet relaxation.
Phuket you can have some quiet beaches but also access to restaurants, shopping, shows / entertainment etc etc.
It depends whether you want a very quiet island or something with more things going on.