Notices

Tibet Suggestions Anyone??

Jan 31st, 2002, 01:39 PM
Donna

Tibet Suggestions Anyone??

My husband and I are interested in going to Tibet. I have been doing some research but am confused as to what type of tour would afford us a truly great experience (vist temples, differenct villages,etc.) Has anyone done a trekking tour? If yes, what was it like and would you recommend it? I am torn between an Abercromie & Kent type of experience vs. a trekking tour. Would appreciate feed-back on your experience and recommendations. Thanks!

Jan 31st, 2002, 03:39 PM
philip

prior to finding out my wife was expecting, we had planned a trip to Tibet.

We were looking at an outfit called Snow Lion Tours. They had some great itineraries (including trekking and drive tours) and a really helpful staff that I'm sure can talk about the merits of both.

I don't remember their number but know they have a website.

Good luck.

Jan 31st, 2002, 11:55 PM
vanessa

Tibet has a high altitude. So before you start, you should make sure that you are in good physical condition. In order to make your trip a pleasant one, please respect the local customs in Tibet. Before i travel tibet, i once learned a lot from the website
http://www.tibettrip.com/

maybe i can be of help

Feb 1st, 2002, 07:58 AM
Lynda

Donna:
Three friends and I are taking a tour to Tibet in April, and have contracted with a Nepalese agency called Green Hill Tours. They've been recommended in several travel books. We are doing an 11 day tour, which included going to base camp Everest. It's a drive in/fly out tour - custom made for us. The cost is $1055 each, including the Lhasa/Kathmandu air fare. They also have a number of group tours on their web site, greenhilltours.com
They have been very cooperative, informative, and willing to work with us. I have also been in touch with several other Nepalese agencies, and would be pleased to send you the information I received from them to you if you'd like it.
Lynda

Search this Thread