Reload this Page >

Malaysia Hotels

Search

Malaysia Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28th, 1998, 09:57 AM
Rosie

Malaysia Hotels

I am planning a trip to Malaysia in March. Does anyone know one of the following hotels: the Mandarin Oriental,the New World Renaissance or the Concorde Hotel in KL, the Mutiara Beach in Penang, The Hyatt Regency in Kuantan, the Berjaya Redang Beach Resort, or can you recommend nicer resorts/hotels? <BR>Am grateful for any advice.

Old Jan 3rd, 1999, 12:16 AM
Julie

I'm not sure about the Mandarin Oriental but the other hotels that you mentioned are all 5* hotels.

Old Jan 3rd, 1999, 06:53 PM
erwin

Mandarin Oriental is just next to the tallest building in the world, the Petronas Twin Towers. I still don't know if its opening has pushed through already. If you are in Penang try the resort run by Shangri-la (I think it's Rasa Sayang).

Old Jan 7th, 1999, 08:28 PM
Vena

KL - I stayed at the Concorde Hotel a few years ago. There is a Hard Rock cafe there. It's not a new hotel but it's centrally located. <BR> <BR>Penang - I stayed a the Mutiara Beach resort a few years ago too and I think it's the best hotel in Penang. There is a miniature golf too. <BR> <BR>You might want to go to Langkawi which is at the northern part of Malaysia. There is a wonderful resort called the Datai. I have not been there but I have heard so much about it that I will plan a trip there soon. <BR> <BR>There is another resort called the Pangkor Laut. Reservations should be made as early as possible. There are 3 types of rooms there. The best ones are the ones bulit on stilts!!!! You can actually dive into the water from your "house". It's quite expensive though.

Old Jan 23rd, 1999, 06:35 AM
dorothy tan

In KL - stay at the Shangri-La if you do not not need to be situated nextdoor to the main shopping area.It is a short distance away but the traffic jams during peak hr is not that pleasant.Otherwise it is good.If you need to be right in the heart of the city,stay at the Ritz Carlton.Superb but remember to ask for coffee making facilities rather than pay for room service coffee.Marriot is also recommended. <BR> In Penang - Mutiara is the best. <BR>Shangri-La's Rasa Sayang is good too. <BR> If you are considering Langkawi,you must stay at the Datai.Book early though.A 5 star hotel set deep in a tropical forest.Enjoy