Good Evening Fodorites!
First off, I wanted to thank all of you for your amazing advice and trip reports. I have been stalking this website for months and finally decided to join!! Lol. Reading your trip reports at night has become my guilty pleasure after long days as a pharmaceutical sales rep and rangling two crazy toddlers when I get home!! My husband is always asking, "what are you reading????"!!!!! I have been enjoying rachill_az's Japan trip report, and have read those by MinnBeef, Kathie and Kavey......and I know I have more to go!. They were all excellent and gave me such great ideas! I am planning a trip to Japan in April for my husband and I (no kids!!!!) I have a few questions I was hoping you guys could help with, and I promise to pay it forward and write a trip report on my return, although I don't think my writing will live up to some of yours!!!
We are traveling to Japan from March 31 to April 1, itinerary below,
March 31, depart EWR to Narita
April 1- 4 Tokyo at Hyatt Regency
April 4-5 Hakone at Musashino Bekkan
April 5-8 Kyoto at Hotel Sunline Kyoto Gion
April 8, fly ITM to NRT, then NRT to EWR (obviously will be in need of some ambien... )
A little background on us, I have traveled pretty extensively before I got married, my husband, not so much. His first trip out of the country was with me when we went to Spain on our babymoon! I try to balance fun days, lots of eating, we like cocktails too, sightseeing, some museums, but mostly just want to have great time on vacation! Ok so here goes my questions!
- I had a hard time with the Kyoto hotel reservations, even though I booked three months ago!! There was almost nothing left. I ended up booking the Westin, as well as the Sunline Kyoto Gion. They are both refundable so I'm deciding between the two. The Westin gets awful reviews and is very expensive! The Sunline is a more basic hotel but is in an excellent location. My gut is telling me Sunline. Anyone have experience with either they want to share?
- I am looking to book a private day tour of first full day in Tokyo. Recommendations?
- I started my 2 year old an international doll collection (she could care less about them, but I think it's so cool...). So I'm looking to bring back a Japanese doll. Not super expensive, just authentic looking. Suggestions???
Thanks so much in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 https://www.scoop.it/t/the-lost-ways-5
- 2 best way to travel between Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and Siem Reap, Cambodia
- 3 Internet in SE Asia
- 4 cooking school in Chiang Mai?
- 5 Using a Starling Bank card in SE Asia
- 6 Anti Malarial tablets in SE Asia
- 7 need your help with japan itinerary
- 8 Japan in July with 20 year old
- 9 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 10 Best guidebooks for SE Asia
- 11 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 12 Hotel in Vang Vieng
- 13 A comprehensive guide for tourists visiting North Goa
- 14 4 DAYS in KERALA...
- 15 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 16 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan
- 17 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 18 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 19 Travel options from Negombo to Mirissa
- 20 Family trip to Thailand for Christmas and possibly New year
- 21 Skiing in Japan - need advice
- 22 MUMBAI FOR TWO DAYS
- 23 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 24 Vietnam April 5 - 16
- 25 Trip to India Feb 1-18
Thank You Fabulous Fodorites, and some Upcoming Trip Questions
Good Evening Fodorites!