The trip is soon upon me. I tried to make the car reservations yesteday but Expedia kept hiccuping. Maybe tonight.
This trip is Bangkok, Chiang Mai, the Mae Hong Son Loop, and Krabi.
At any rate, how hot and humid will it be during November - early to late? Will it be too hot for jeans? It looks like high 80s to 90 during the day, but is that going to be very humid or mildly humid?
Would simply sundresses (sleeveless) be appropriate or is there some kind of dress code I should worry about? Are flip flops OK, or, will I want to have covered feet the whole time (due to safety or cleanliness more than being modest, I mean). Are shorts frowned upon outside of resorts? I don't tend to wear shorts at home but I thought I'd ask.
And as far as going to dinner, what level of dress should I take - would Desigual tops over white pants with sandals suffice, or should I take a few dresses? I am likely to buy clothing while I am there, at least the casual stuff. I have to figure out if I want to take a dress for a tailor to "copy" for me, or not.
As far as cosmetics: I am trying to figure out how much to pack. I am mostly thinking of night cream, sunscreen, and a good day cream like Oil of Olay Complete. I could take enough to last the whole trip but the weight all adds up. If I can find either western products there, or, good local ones, I don't need to load up for the trek. As far as makeup/mascara etc I am covered.
Any other tips from travelers along the above lines would be great.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 2 Celejor Cake Shop | Celejor Personalize Cake Shop | Designer Birthday Cake
- 3 HELP WITH JAPAN ITINERARY FOR MARCH
- 4 Looking for advice on first-time Hong Kong trip
- 5 La crema Psoridex funziona? Leggi la recensione e l'esperienza di chi ...
- 6 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 7 Food for thought- Restaurant suggestions for India Feb 1-18
- 8 Junk boat cruise-halong Bay,VNam
- 9 Need some info on travelling to Malaysia?
- 10 Unique Map & Guide to Tokyo
- 11 Restaurants in Bangkok
- 12 altenratives to Chiang Mai for "northen Thailand experience"
- 13 Please help! Planning honeymoon in Malaysia!
- 14 Sulawesi
- 15 Racism danger in Cambodia?
- 16 8 Days in Bali
- 17 two health related questions
- 18 Princess Cruise
- 19 Best day trip from Phuket
- 20 Malaysia to Thailand Visa (Algerian Passport Holder)
- 21 Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar or Thailand?
- 22 Lombok, Indonesia on 24/12/17 to 30/12/17
- 23 Kata Beach
- 24 meow?
- 25 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok