Notices

thailand w wife 1 week

May 16th, 2016, 01:56 PM
Original Poster

thailand w wife 1 week

I have a dilemma, ive been to thailand 3 times backpacking in my younger days, now im married and am planning to returning to Thailand with my wife years later, who has been dying to see it. I would prefer not to back track where i have been, which would take away from the vacation excitement for me as i try to go to new places when given a choice

The good thing is that my budget is significantly improved since my backpacking days ( Ill never forget the 3 dollar a night hostel bed with a barely working fan on my first trip to thailand in 2002 so I would like to splurge myself and my wife this time with nice hotels and meals.

Ive been to bangkok, phiphi, phuket, sukhothai, chiangmai and a couple of other north thailand places i forget. I spent the last couple of hours looking and if I had to book the trip now I would do the following:

Fly into bangkok saturday, spend 2 days there, stay at one of the rooftop hotels, then fly to Krabi, stay 3 days at one of the nice hotels, then another island, like ko samui for another 2 days, then back to bangkok and fly back home..

i would really appreciate any suggestions on how you would plan this trip considering the above. If you have any resorts or hotels in mind please let me know

Budget for the hotel per night ideally under US$400 unless its truly mindblowing.

thank you in advance.
May 16th, 2016, 02:03 PM

http://www.hansarhotels.com/hotels/bangkok/

I love the Hansar and it should be around $165. for a regular room. I don't now what you mean by a roof top hotel.

Happy Travels!
May 16th, 2016, 03:16 PM

I'd recommend you choose one beach area, otherwise, you'll waste a whole day getting from one beach to the other. Which beach to choose depends on what time of year you are going. Rarely would both Krabi and Koh Samui have good weather at the same time.

I also don't know what you mean by "rooftop hotel." I recommend that you choose one of the hotels along the river. The Peninsula might well be a good choice for you.

Count your time by nights: If you have 7 nights in Thailand, you could spend three nights in Bangkok (which equals 2 days to see/do/experience) and four nights (three days) in Krabi.

Search this Thread