We are in the beginning stages of planning a November trip to Thailand (Bangkok and Phuket). I'm in Florida, and I would like some advice re the time difference and jet lag.
I am familiar with jet lag as we travel to Europe often and have also made several trips to Hawaii and Tahiti. It is not coping with the long flight that I am concerned about; rather, I am looking for tips on the best way to handle the time difference. For example, I know that if I am going to Hawaii and Tahiti, the time difference will have me up early in the morning; therefore, the breakfast package is a good option even though I'm normally not a morning person. I know when landing early morning in Europe that the best option for me is to keep going all day and have an early evening; after that, no problem! I have no clue what to expect on this trip.
We have no direct flights from Miami, so it will be a long travel time. Flights get us to BKK either early in the morning or late at night. Is either option better? For those who have landed early morning, were you ok to tour the day or were you exhausted from the travel? If you landed at night, were you staring at the ceiling all night only to fall asleep at daybreak? Do you suggest traveling to Phuket first to recover or Bangkok and then Phuket to relax? I know opinions will differ, but I would love to hear the different vantage points.
Many thanks in advance for the advice!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 RHK's Fall SEA Trip
- 2 VN + Japan 6 wks March/April - which order?
- 3 best way to spend two days in Chiang Mai
- 4 Vietnam, Cambodia & Hong Kong - Fall 2017 Trip Report
- 5 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Do Bangkok
- 6 Vietnam April 5 - 16
- 7 How to travel from Narita airport to Kawaguchiko
- 8 Vientiane to LP December
- 9 Trip to India Feb 1-18
- 10 Prelim itinerary Java, Bali
- 11 Solo or group tour for first trip to India?
- 12 5 days in Singapore
- 13 ONLY 3 DAYS in BEIJING -BEST THINGS TO DO?
- 14 What to do with a Layover in Taipei?
- 15 Shanghai in January
- 16 24hrs in Seoul on Christmas..what to do
- 17 Myanmar tour companies
- 18 Luang Prabang for Christmas which Hotel?
- 19 Hotel in Vientiane 18-24 December
- 20 Recommended drivers in Sri Lanka
- 21 Top Things to do in Amazing Bali - Travel Report
- 22 Advice On 15 Day Trip To Taiwan, Vietnam & Laos?
- 23 We did it! -4 weeks of independent travel in China - a detailed report
- 24 look for resort suggestions for Phuket and/or Ko Samui areas
- 25 Singapore Help