Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page > Thailand November 2015 - best beaches to visit?
Notices

Thailand November 2015 - best beaches to visit?

Jan 12th, 2015, 06:03 AM
Original Poster

Thailand November 2015 - best beaches to visit?

Hi,

My husband and I are planning a trip to Thailand next November. We are going to go to Bangkok, up north to Chiang Mai and then want to spend 3 or 4 nights on a beach. I've heard so many mixed reviews about phuket, ko samui, ko phi phi, ko phangon etc. any reccomendations? We want to relax on a beautiful beach, eat good food and have the option to do a day trip to another island.

Thanks for your help!
Jan 12th, 2015, 09:15 AM

The later in November you go, the better the weather will be on the Andaman Sea. I'd suggest you look at a quieter area like Khoa Lak, about an hour from Phuket. Another option would be to stay in an area of Phuket removed from the craziness, like Mai Kao beach, where the JW Marriott and their time-share condos are located.

Ko Samui, Ko Phangan are on the Gulf of Thailand side and will be moving into monsoon season at that time of the year.

There are options for day trips to islands from all of the beaches.
Jan 13th, 2015, 06:26 AM

I can recommend Mai Khao. It is close to Phuket airport, but you won't hear any airplane noise at all. Very quiet beach. J W and Renaissance are both here, as well as Anantara and Sala. Nearby Turtle Village has a few shops and less costly dining options.

Search this Thread